Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 26th, 2017 05:00

"Broadband Mobile Device Not Found" (or it could have said Broadband Mobile something else, really not sure - it showed up and disappeared as fast)

I am not necessarily tech savvy so I will just describe the issue and hope someone can help.  When I booted up today I saw the subject message on my screen.  I tried to do a little googling and then went to my start menu and under Dell Wireless found Broadband Mobile Manager there; but when I linked to Dell Broadband Utility, it said "No Device Found".  Connect is greyed out.  (I don't even know what it is or what it is supposed to do.)

Any thoughts?

FWIW, I have a Dell XPS15.

Thanks.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

April 27th, 2017 14:00

Mobile Broadband is the marketing term for wireless internet access through a portable modem, cell phone, USB wireless modem, tablet, or other mobile devices. So its not needed if you are simply connecting to the internet via a WiFi router. What specific XPS 15 model? Like XPS 15-9560. What operating system?

2 Posts

April 27th, 2017 18:00

Thanks for responding.  It's LPS-15 L502X.  My OS is Windows 7.  When I powered up today I got the message that told me that Not Device Detected under Dell Broadband Utility.  And again, the "connect" link is greyed out.  I am connected to the internet through my router.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

April 29th, 2017 14:00

And do you actually have a Mobile Broadband Mini-Card installed in this XPS 15-L502X? Open the Device Manager. Do you see any references to mobile broadband device? If not, you do not need the Mobile Broadband software installed. Perhaps it got mistakenly installed via some auto update. Just uninstall that software.

No Events found!