Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 20th, 2009 16:00

"Gateway IP Ping failed" on 1390 WLAN Mini-card

Hi,

As of recently, I can no longer connect to the internet wirelessly using my network or even getting onto a neighbor's unsecured wireless network.  I'm using a wired connection directly to my modem right now. 

Here's a little background:

We had to disconnect our modem, router, and old desktop recently.  While everything was unplugged & disconnected, we were still able to get online wirelessly with the laptop using our neighbor's connection at this point.  It was after we reconnected everything that the problem started.  Now we can't connect wirelessly at all.  We've tried to disconnect everything again, power down, etc to see if we could get back on our neighbor's connection--still no luck.  After talking with our ISP and Netgear, we think the problem lies with our wireless card.  So, I ran a connection diagnostic and got the following results:

"Gateway IP Ping failed:

The wireless router/AP for your network is either unavailable, not working, or is disconnected. You will not be able to connect to the Internet, although you might be able to connect to your local network. Contact your network administrator or wireless router/AP installer for assistance.

The gateway IP ping test determines if the wireless router/AP for the network is available and working."

My question is...what does this mean?  What can I do to fix it? Can it even be fixed?

Thanks in advance to all!!

1 Message

August 8th, 2009 04:00

Hey,

How did you manage to fix this issue? I'm having the same problem.

Thanks, 

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 8th, 2009 20:00

markaman,

Please make a new thread and exlain everything that happened and hopefully someone will be able to help you.

Rick

2 Posts

December 23rd, 2009 15:00

Please please please help me!!! I'm having the same problem and it's driving me mad!

Please reply with helpful advice!!!! Thank you

6 Posts

December 24th, 2009 05:00

Hi,

This happened a while ago, so bear with me in remembering the specifics.  I couldn't figure it out myself and finally took it to my IT guy at work.  It ended up being something fairly simple--either the IP address or network gateway address had somehow gotten changed (we still don't know how), and that's why we couldn't connect to our wireless or even our neighbor's wireless.  My IT guy reset it back to what it is supposed to be, and it's been fine ever since.

Good luck!

6 Posts

November 29th, 2014 07:00

DoverMom, back again with the same problem.  No more IT guy at work to take care of it,either.  So--how do I reset the network gateway address if that is what the problem was?

I'm NOT messing with the router.  It's working fine for four other devices, including this laptop (different model) that I'm writing from now.  

Anyone?

No Events found!