Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 3rd, 2009 22:00

"wifi is turned off" message... the fn f2 combo is not working...

i have an inspiron 1520 laptop and today all of a sudden it is telling me the wireless is turned off... i think my daughter may have messed with something but now i cannot get it back... i tried updating the driver and nothing... everything tells me it is enabled... but when i try to connect it tells me the radio is off... i went into bios and it is turned on... i looked at alot of posts and i cannot get anything to work... please help me my wife is having a fit about this...

1 Message

June 20th, 2011 14:00

This happened to me today (2011) with a Vostro 2510. Updated drivers, ran diagnostics, did three system restores, hooked it up to Ethernet cable, and more. Finally I did a Google search with the error message quoted in the search line and discovered the solution to my laptop from a posting elsewhere on the Internet. Here is what I discovered (to my chagrin): on the left side front corner there is a slide switch  to turn the wireless on and off! It somehow got turned off without me even knowing it was there, and once switched to the on position, the wireless immediately turned on and is working fine. How could I have been so dumb? But there it is.

No Events found!