Printer is:

Dell 1350 CNW

router is Linksys E1200

Computer"

Dell XPS 15 L502X

processor- intel core i7 - 2630QM at 2.00 GHz

RAM - 8.00 GM

OS - Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

The problem is apparently caused when my router loses power.  When power is resotred the wireless communication between the printer and computer is gone.  The only way I have managed to reconnect wireless communication is to reinstall from the printer CD.

Is there any other method to recover wireless communication between the computer and the printer?

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

August 20th, 2015 20:00

Have you tried updating the firmware on the router?

Have you tried updating the printer driver?

16 Posts

August 25th, 2015 11:00

Thank you for your suggestions.  I have been away from my computer for a few days.

I have not tried to update the router firmware and I will plan to do that soon.

Dell assures me that the printer drivers are up-to-date.

An additional piece to the puzzle is that I also have an Epson XP610 printer that is wireless capable.  In my absence from my computer, I routinely disconnect my router as I have no reason to leave in connected.  Until this time away, I have disconnected the power from both the Cable Modem and the Router.  However, this time away, I simply disconnected the internet feed going to the router from the modem.  The power remained on for both devices.

Upon my return, I attempted to use the Dell Printer in a wireless mode was not possible.  I was able to use the Epson Printer in a wireless mode.

No Events found!