Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 24th, 2009 14:00

says wireless passcode is incorrect, but it isn't

Hello,

I recently had to reformat my laptop (dell inspiron 1525 with Vista) due to a virus and set it back to the factory settings.  Unfortunately, now I can no longer connect to the wireless internet at my house.  I had no problems before the reformat.  Now when I try to get onto the internet, i can see the wireless connection that I want.  I click it, type in the key code to access the network, but a message appears saying it is the incorrect keycode and it is not.   I called Dell Tech support and after getting transfered around for a while, they informed me that my phone support subscription was expired and I would have to pay. All they could do untill then is give me a hint that I should try deleting a profile.  I went in to manage my networks, but no profiles for any networks appeared.  I went to the tech support at my shcool and they couldn't help me either. PLEASE! Anything that might work! I am getting desperate.

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

September 24th, 2009 15:00

Press Fn & F2 to switch of the wireless and press it again to switch it back on again, this sometimes fixes some simple problems.

Make sure you pick the right type of security such as WEP, there are a few others, try going through all the others and seeing if your key works with the other type of security.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 24th, 2009 16:00

nnewsom,

How did you reinstall Windows? Did you use the image or the DVD's?

Rick

No Events found!