Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 7th, 2006 04:00

tmobile 1300 connection unavailable

I just formatted and reinstalled xp-pro on my Inspirion 9100, and now I have no wireless connections. I reinstalled the drivers (Truemobile 1300) from the cd which came with my system, and I cannot see any wireless networks. I have a linksys router which I had been connected to wirelessly until I reintalled. I've tried removing the encryption to see if that was messing it up, but that did not help. I've also made sure the broadcast SSID is enabled on the router in case that was causing a problem. Fn+f2 has been pressed sooooo many times that I'm positive that is not the problem. I've checked the BIOS page to see if anything was turned off there that should not have been, and everything looked fine there. The device manager reads the network card as working fine. I like to think I'm fairly good with computers....but this one has me stumped. Any ideas?

28K Posts

If you open Network Connections and right click on the wireless connection, does the drop down menu have a choice to Enable the connection?   If you choose "View Available Wireless Networks" from that drop-down menu, does your wireless network show up? 

Steve

41 Posts

thanks for the reply

and yeah....i read through other posts on the forum and formatted/reinstalled again and did that. to no avail though :(

41 Posts

ummm....I didn't have to try any of that because I downloaded the newest driver for the wireless card and that did the trick. Not sure why the new driver would work with a clean install while the original driver wouldn't, but I can see the network and connect to it. Let's hope it lasts. Thanks for the help Steve. 

28K Posts

Did you install the chipset drivers as the first drivers installed after the reinstallation of Windows (i.e. before attempting to install any other device drivers)? 

Steve

41 Posts

It says disable...so I'm guessing that it is enabled (tried disabling it and reenabling it...did not do anything). No my wireless network does not show up when I click on view available networks.

28K Posts

Try resetting the router to its default settings by pressing and holding the reset button on the back of the router for about 10 seconds.  Then power everything off, turn on your broadband modem first, then the router, then the computers.   Does your wireless network show up now?

Steve

40 Posts

July 8th, 2006 01:00

:smileyhappy:

Message Edited by matrix_neo on 07-08-200611:18 AM

No Events found!