Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 4th, 2017 20:00

wifi problem Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming

Got my 7567 few days ago and figured out there is always wifi problem. It shows nothing wrong in the wifi signal at the right but it will automatically disconnected after couple time( sometimes after 10-15 mins). And after restart it worked again and felt again. I checked the drivers it said there was an intel 8265 wifi driver could be updated but I downloaded for couple times it still showup in the supportassit. Also the other devices such as my pad and phone which used the same wifi network work well so made me quite confused of this issue.

The wifi router is tp-link archer D9. Any suggestions?

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

October 5th, 2017 07:00

Thank you for your message.

Did this issue start after any software changes like anti-virus /game installation?

Do you get any error message when the connections drops?

Open device manager – expand network adapter – right click on the wireless driver & click on uninstall (do not check the box that says delete driver) & restart the computer. This will refresh the driver.

You will need to enter the password when you reconnect.

For my reference, please click on my Dell username & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

27 Posts

October 10th, 2017 18:00

I have a very similar issue with my X51-R2 with a recent windows 10 update.

The wifi stays on BUT i cannot see any near by Wifi networks after the pc goes in stand by or sleep. ( or as stated above when not used after 15 mins or so.)

I have to disable the adapter, re-enable it, then it shows the Wifi list and auto reconnects to my network.

I have tried to delete the drivers, reinstall them ect and still the issue persists.

This is getting quite frustrating especially when i try to remote into my PC away from home.

1 Message

January 27th, 2018 16:00

I have this same problem with my 7577.

When using the Ethernet port on my lapto their is no issue.

I think it’s a faulty wifi card or driver.

I have an Intel AC 8265 running 20.10.1.3.

2 Posts

January 29th, 2018 06:00

me too, having problem with my dell 7577 intel dual ac 8265, my wifi driver at device manager randomly hide itself. what should i do? i already called support here in our country, they told me to reinserted my wifi card, but does not fix my problem, still connected to ethernet port

February 16th, 2018 07:00

I just got a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 two days ago and I think I might be having the same problem.

I use the Inspiron as my main computer, and a MacBook Pro as a secondary computer.  I use Synergy to share the mouse and keyboard from the Inspiron to the MacBook.  This is _exactly_ how I've been working for two years with my much older Dell that this Inspiron is replacing.

Just today I've noticed what I think is a WiFi problem.  Without warning, my Synergy'ed mouse/keyboard will stop working on the Mac.  The Synergy server running on the Inspiron logs that the client disappeared.  Any web page I was loading fails.  Then, after a short time (maybe 10-30 seconds), it comes back.

While it's gone, the Windows 10 WiFi indicator indicates that I'm still connected.  While it's gone, I can directly use the Mac without any connectivity problems.

This all leads me to believe it's something in the new Inspiron that isn't working correctly.

1 Message

February 18th, 2018 07:00

same problem here

laptop purchased 3 months ago, intel 8265 never worked signal strenght is good but internet seems to be blocked for some reason after some minutes like a firewall is blocking the connection, solution is disable re-enable wifi on taskar and also opening remote desktop unlock internet again, enabling disabling firewall doesnt change

connecting to router using 192.168.1.1 never drops only internet is blocked for some reason until i use the remote desktop trick or enable disable wifi

i've a smartphone galaxy a3 with g5 also and doesnt have any internet drops on my router there is a Broadcom BC4360, also smarttv and tablet with 2,4g are working without problem

i think is a driver issue with windows 10 last update never fixed

1 Message

March 9th, 2018 15:00

I had the same problem and persisted with it for months. I tried different drivers, playing with the antivirus and firewall settings and trying different routers. I believe the problem is actually an application called SmartByte which comes pre-installed.

It apparently helps with the management of network prioritisation on your computer. But i found it just kept killing my internet connection. I have uninstalled it and my internet seems to be working fine!

1 Message

March 12th, 2018 19:00

This worked for me also!! Took me forever to find it and came across it by chance looking at my task manager.

March 15th, 2018 08:00

Worked great! It was this application.

Uninstalled and everything is going flawlessly. I don't know why Dell laptops ship with this software installed.

14 Posts

May 2nd, 2018 04:00

Can't find SmartByte in Uninstall Programs. How do I find it and delete it?

1 Message

August 1st, 2018 07:00

I know this is a gaming forum but I wanted to add that SmartByte absolutely wrecked my connectivity on my Inspiron 5558 running Win 10 Pro 1709 when it was unintentionally installed with Dell SupportAssist a few days ago.  I really noticed it when connecting to other machines using Remote Desktop (RDP) - RDP essentially became unusable in recent days.  I rolled back recent Microsoft Updates thinking that was it but eventually stumbled upon SmartByte being installed recently, didn't recognize or authorize its installation, and I uninstalled it.  

Everything is running like a dream again after this was uninstalled.  If any other SysAdmins are having weird connectivity problems with their clients (or their own machines) on Inspirons, look here.  

1 Message

April 27th, 2019 16:00

Having the same issue with my Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming, trying the uninstall of SmartByte now... hoping it fixes things. I have a couple of months left on warranty in case it doesn't. Been having issues with IP conflicts on my router and losing connection on this laptop if I use it for more than half an hour or so.

I'll try to come back and update if it works.

April 29th, 2019 00:00

Concerns regarding Internet connection are often linked with an outdated or incompatible driver. In order to solve the problem of yours, we recommend you reset the TCP/IP of yours or maybe Internet Protocol to the default settings of its. To get this done, stick to the options below: Technique one: Run the Network troubleshooter. In order to analyze the network configuration of yours, do the actions below: 1. Open Start menu, then click Settings. 2. Click Internet and Network. 3. On the left pane, simply click Status. 4. Click Network troubleshooter to analyze as well as repair community difficulties. Technique two: Perform an Internet link reset on Command Prompt. In order to reset the Internet connection of yours, stick to the steps below: 1. Press Windows + R to open up operate window. 2. Type cmd, then media Enter. 3. Type the next instructions, then media Enter after entering every instructions below. netsh int ip reset resettcpip.txt netsh winhttp reset proxy netsh int ip reset ipconfig /release ipconfig /renew ipconfig /flushdns netsh winsock reset As soon as done, restart the PC of yours to finish the task. Additionally, we additionally recommend you restart your wait as well as router for 15 30 seconds then change it back once again.

No Events found!