Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 20th, 2010 04:00

wireless connection problem dell inspiron 1720 Vista

Hi
I am hoping someone here might be able to help. I have been unable to connect to my wireless router (Belkin) for the last couple of days.

I can see the wireless networks around with Wi-fi catcher Dell software . Windows also tells me wireless networks are available but when I try and connect nothing happens . If I go directly to start and (connect to) nothing happens either.

If I go to the network and sharing centre it tells me that wireless networks are available but again when I hit the connect to network button nothing happens .

All drivers etc are up to date.
Any suggestions anybody might have are appreciated

• 

16.7K Posts

August 20th, 2010 07:00

garrettstack,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

Shutdown the router, internet and the computer. Unplug the router and the network box for a few minutes. Then plug in the network, router and then the laptop. Once your booted up see if you can connect.

August 20th, 2010 10:00

Thanks Jesse

I've tried that a few times doesent seem to help. Im confused as to why I can see the available networks with WI-FI Catcher but not in windows.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 20th, 2010 14:00

garrettstack,

I had an issue with anoither member using a Belkin Wireless N router. It could not determine the difference between WPA-PSK(TKIP) and WPA-AES Security, causing the connection to fail. Try it with no security and see if you can connect. Also try it with WEP Security and see if you can connect.

Rick

No Events found!