Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 16th, 2009 16:00

Cannot Upgrade Ram on My Inspiron 600m

I purchased a 1GB Memory Upgrade from Circuit City to match the specs of my laptop and 4 of their Firedog technicians could not install it.  The laptop did not recognize the upgrade and would not boot up.  What do I need to do?

2 Posts

January 16th, 2009 17:00

Bev,

Thanks for your timely reply.

I was able to get my AMEX credit from Circuit City, even though they are going into liquidation.

I went to your provided link, ordered my memory upgrade especially made for my Inspiron 600m and saved more than $20.00 in the process. 

Thanks again,

krubin9079

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

January 16th, 2009 17:00

I purchased a 1GB Memory Upgrade from Circuit City to match the specs of my laptop and 4 of their Firedog technicians could not install it.  The laptop did not recognize the upgrade and would not boot up.  What do I need to do?

krubin9079

It sounds like the memory you purchased, is not compatible with the Inspiron 600M, you need to return the memory for credit and go HERE and buy memory that's certified to run in your system.

But you might have a problem returning the RAM to Circuit City, they went into liquidation today.

Bev.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

January 16th, 2009 18:00

krubin9079

Happy to have helped and to hear that you saved money is even better.   :emotion-21:

Bev.

No Events found!