Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

February 10th, 2010 16:00

Concerned about an EDD of "N/A"

Hello.

I purchased a Studio XPS 9000 on January 28th, which was due to have shipped today.  As of today it is still listed as "in production".  I do not mind if it turns out to be a little bit late.  What concerns me is that in some places my EDD is listed as "N/A", while in others it lists next Tuesday.

When I first log in and click "My Account", for example, it shows "Recent Order Status".  Here my order shows as "in production" with an EDD of "N/A".  It also shows a mouse I bought several weeks ago, which was delivered in a few days, and which never said "N/A" in this spot.  If I follow through and click on the order number, or the purchase ID, I see an EDD of Feb. 16th, which would make sense for an order shipped today or tomorrow with my choice of 3-5 day shipping.  However if I click on a link from that page which says "Learn more about the Estimated Delivery Date", a window pops up which provides a link to dell.com/orderstatus for the "latest" delivery date information, and here again I'm met with a date of "N/A".

I didn't think much of this discrepancy until today when it seems my computer is going to miss the shipping date I was quoted, and now I'm wondering if this N/A bit really means that something is amiss.  Has anyone else had this experience?  I would feel better if this business had happened to others to no effect, but if this is unusual, I guess I had better try contacting support tomorrow to see what is up.

1 Message

February 12th, 2010 10:00

Yes, I have the same issue - I ordered my XPS 8100 on 1/27 and the original EDD was 2/18.  Now I'm sure it won't hit that date, but the EDD says "N/A" now. 

Same as you, I'm worried that something is amiss however I don't know who/how to contact....hence why I'm searching the forums now!

February 13th, 2010 16:00

Well, to update you, I ended up getting a delay message Friday morning, with my EDD getting moved to 2/23.  Of course this is just one week later which is their standard delay procedure.  I'm hopeful it will arrive by then, but not optimistic.  But my new (updated) EDD now shows everywhere, so at least the N/A has gone away.  Good luck!

February 17th, 2010 08:00

Hello. Sorry for the confusion on this. Were you able to figure out the estimated delivery date yet? If not, send me your order number and I would be happy to take a look at it in my system. That way you can get the most up to date information. Thanks!

February 17th, 2010 09:00

Hi Jacquie.

Thanks for the response.  Yes I did eventually receive a delay message and now have the same EDD (updated) showing everywhere, which is 2/23, or next Tuesday.  I think to make that date it will have to ship today or tomorrow, so I hope to hear something soon, but so far haven't heard anything since my delay message which arrived early last Friday morning.

I was going to contact you by email and send you my order number, because I am curious what you can find out in "your system", but the form for "email" just pops up an empty window no matter which browser I use, and I'm not sure if I should post it here.  If you can contact me by email or private conversation I'd appreciate it and would send you my number.  But it's not a big deal and I do have a new, delayed EDD, an no sign of "N/A" anywhere.  I'm just hoping the new EDD is accurate..

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 17th, 2010 10:00

ruylopez425,

Until Jacquie changes her settings, you might have to do a friend request first. Here is how you would normally contact her if her settings are correct.

Please click contact, start a conversation with Dell-Jacquie K (email button doesn't work, never did)

The person can send you the informarion, like service tag, order number or any other information you need. Posting some information in the forums is against Dells Terms of Use (TOU)

You may not post any of the following:

Dell employee name (full)

Dell employee email

Dell employee phone/extension

case number

tracking number

customer number

order number

service tag number

email addresses will be removed by admin for privacy concerns

Rick

No Events found!