Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 4th, 2010 23:00

Delay in delivery and wrong delivery address by dell representative

Hello everyone,

I have ordered dell studio system on 23rd December. I am regulary checking dell website to track the order status. From the day I am monitoring the status, expected delivery date is 5th Jan 2010 (till this moment it is the same even though today is 5th Jan). Even now order status is "Work in progress".

Does every customer faces the same problem?

Also, even though I have given proper delivery address, the delivery address that is mentioned on dell website is different. I called up customer care but representative told me the proper address that I had given. He said dont worry about the address which is displayed on dell website. That address is where dell manufactures the laptops. I dont understand how dell wiil manufacture laptop at my home !!!!

If any dell employee is reading this question, can you please clarify me about this 'delivery address' issue?

5 Posts

January 4th, 2010 23:00

Shekhar....this is not an isolate problem....on another section of this forum there are over 500 posts reagarding delivery problems with XPS 8000 and XPS 9000 studio systems...

I submiited an order on 11-17-09 and I now show a ship date of 1-13-10 with it still in production.  But if you read some of the posts there are people that ordered in December with my same configuration that have received their systems. Totally frustrating. Bottom line is that you cannot beiieve anything Dell support tells you regarding ship dates..

468 Posts

January 5th, 2010 00:00

As for your address issue, I dont know what to tell you but call them again and verify the address or you will have to wait for it to be returned (hopefully) by whoever picks it up.  As for the status, sometimes dell's servers are not updated enough so it could be in shipped status, but the website hasn't gotten that information.  I have read posts where people have their computers in hand and the site still says 'in production' or 'ready for delivery' or some such.

January 5th, 2010 00:00

@frankie96

Agree... There are many people who are facing the same problem.

I should have read all those posts before placing my order. I would have chosen some other brand !!!

I just hope that my new laptop will work fine once I get it.

Anyways... I guess I have to wait for few more weeks to get new lappy.

Thanks !!!!

14 Posts

January 5th, 2010 11:00

Hi sekhar,

I have also ordered  an Studio 14 on 22nd Dec whose EDD was on 5th Jan 2010.it is in work in progress stage from the day one.few houes back EDD was changed to be advised.If you enquire from customer care you will get the vague answers that it will take 2 to 3 more days for order to be shipped but not reason for delay

4 Posts

January 5th, 2010 16:00

Your in the same boat as many others.

I ordered a Studio Desktop on Dec 10/09 and was given a EDD of January 1/10

That date was delayed five additional days with a phone call on Dec 31, 09.

I then called back on January 4th to get the new EDD and was told at the absolute latest I would receive my system by January 19th.

I checked my online status today, and it has been shipped. I even have the Tracking numbers.

Thank God I am patient.

The online status doesn't seem to be working for everyone. Even my pages have mixed information about the EDD, however they all say shipped.

I am sure with a little patience and time your system will come in.

Hope it all works out.

January 5th, 2010 17:00

I ordered a laptop & monitor on 9/12 and was initially told I should receive it before christmas, then my order was cancelled and a new order created (I found this out several days after the fact) and was given an EDD of 4th January. The shipping details show it arrived at the "Main Hub Australia" on 29/12 but no sign of it on 4th and the EDD changed to "To Be Advised".

I should point out that throughout this time I called them several times and was given the run around, promised call backs that never came.... it was like getting blood from a stone just to find out that A new order number had been assigned as they had to make a small part change (not sure exactly what) as it wasn't in stock at their supplier.

Anyhow.... today... still no advice on when it'll ship so I rang them, was handed from one person to another then told (after a lengthy wait on hold) that the person i need to speak to is busy and would call me back withing 24 hours.

This laptop is supposed to be a new business laptop and awaiting it is creating a number of hassles as the old computer had to be removed before christmas.

January 5th, 2010 20:00

DELL EMPLOYEES..... Please have a look at all these questions / problems that people are posting in these forums. You are loosing trust of your current customers and customers of the future also because we are going to tell people to NOT to buy dell laptops.

Current update of my order :

After trying to call toll free number, I get message as 'Number does not exists'.

Then called  other number mentioned on dell website. As usual 2-3 representatives handed my call from one person to other. Finally some lady told me that EDD for my order has been postponed by 7-10 BUSINEES days. Now current status is 'To be advised'.

About my delivery address, I was told not to worry about it because the address that we customers can see is not our delivery address but its the address where laptop will be manufactured. 

The part of the website where we see our order details is poorly designed. If title of tab is 'delivery address' then there must be my complete delivery address only and should not contain address of their manufacturing plant. We dont care whether DELL manufactures our laptops on earth or on mars. we just want our laptop on time. Am I right?

January 5th, 2010 23:00

Yeah.. even I am also feeling the same. Should have chosen HP. HP gives laptop on the spot, no need to book the order then wait for 2-3 weeks.

BTW, to whom did you wrote the mail?

14 Posts

Today i got the mail from customer care (but only after i wrote them) about the reaon for delay.and see there answer always vague nothing to the point or when the problem will be resolved

"Thank you for contacting Dell Customer Care

We apologize for the delay in the production due to part shortage of 
LCD,14.0HDF+,LED,TLF,LGP and we are trying our best to complete 
the production on time

Warm regards,
SS
Dell India Customer Care"
 I am sure they will not send any updates unless i wrote  them again.As far as Dell order 
Status its still in to be advised mode.
This is my first time dealing with Dell,and i have a good reputation about Dell before this.but going 
through various blogs i found DELL is not what i have images in my mind.
They are not caring when we are paying, i wonder whether we will get any support from them after the sales.
I think i made a mistake in choosing dell.......i should have gone with HP

Yeah.. even I am also feeling the same. Should have chosen HP. HP gives laptop on the spot, no need to book the order then wait for 2-3 weeks.

14 Posts

January 6th, 2010 00:00

There is link on the left bottom of page "contact us" at the order status page. You can submit the querry.

Which Laptop you have ordered?

I have Ordered :-

Dell(TM) Studio 14 Laptop (S541024IN8)

Operating System Genuine Windows® 7 Professional 64bit (English)

Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor T6600 (2.20GHz/ 800

FSB/ 2MB Cache)

Memory 4GB Dual-channel 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM (2 x 2GB)

Keyboard Dell™ Backlit Keyboard with Touchpad (English)

Video Card 512MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4530

Hard Drive 500GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive

Internal 8X DVD+/-RW Combination Drive with dual layer

Integrated CREATIVE Sound Blaster(R) X-Fi MB Audio

Wireless Network Card Intel(R) WiFi Link 5100 (802.11a/g/n) Half Mini-card

Bluetooth Module Dell™ Wireless 365 2.1 Bluetooth® Adapter

Batteries 6-Cell (56WHr) Li-Ion Primary Battery

Chainlink Black U-Trim

14" High Definition + WLED (1600x900) Display with

TrueLife™

@alokcool

Thanks, I will also post query about my order.

I have similar configuration. Only these things are different :

Processor : p745 (2.13GHz, 1066 MHz FSB, 3MB cache)

Keyboard : Normal (without backlight)

Battery : 9 cell

Display : Default config.

14 Posts

May be yours order delay also because of 14'' LCD Display. lets see when they are going to give another EDD

1 Message

January 6th, 2010 01:00

hi guys

feel disappointed too when i was told my notebook order will be delivered on 21st jan 2010, Dell not what it used to be!!

1 Message

January 6th, 2010 02:00

I wish I had found these blogs before I placed my order. I ordered a DELL Inspiron on the 13th December which as you can guess was a present from Santa.  The website showed an EDD of 31st December but I was delighted when I saw my order status show that the unit had shipped on the 22nd December.......maybe Santa was going to make it in time after all!!!!  My delight was short lived as I received an automated telephone call advising that the delivery date would be 5th January and I should select either a morning or afternoon delivery.  I duly selected afternoon and then tried to follow the progress using the tracking link on the web site.  This did not work and told me that the order number and customer number did not match!!!

I called customer support and was assured that the delivery date would be met, and I even called them on the 5th to make sure.  So here I am on the 6th January......you guessed it......no computer.  Called customer support and they could not give me any information and I was told to call back tomorrow!!

All in all an extremely disappointing experience and I wish I had just went to my local PC World and bought a system.  I have been a fan of DELL as I use them throughout my business but the experience has really left me wondering if my trust in DELL as a business partner is not somewhat misplaced..............

I also can't believe that DELL does not have a means for customer complaints........................is this devisive as they would be inundated!!! 

No Events found!