Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 2nd, 2010 08:00

Dell Help Is Non-Existant

Well one post was deleted due to their saying I violated their community agreement, and the rest of the comments to my second post revealed that their is no direct way to contact anyone at Dell to complain with out going to some other extrodinary measure. So I am going to send my now useless laptop back to Dell and have my friend request to get her money back on a very defective product. Their support page gives one plenty of options but not the one I truely need or want. I will definitely let me friends know not to purchase any Dell products and from this point on you now have one very disgruntal former Dell user. I am sorry for my friend who bought this laptop to help me out but in hind sight she should have gone somewhere else to purchase a better product.

So Dell you can cancell my membership and be prepared to receive your lousy laptop back. I hope I never see or use another Dell product again.

398 Posts

March 2nd, 2010 08:00

The original post will be deleted because of TOS violations.

But, while it is still up, it is a very bad idea to send a product back to a company without an RMA (return merchandise authorization) from Dell. You will likely end up with a) no computer for a long time (or ever), and b) difficulty getting your problems straightened out so you have a working product.

From the tags, it is apparent that you ran into a virus problem. The antivirus forum can help clear up virus and malware issues. And they don't charge.

398 Posts

March 2nd, 2010 10:00

This is a user-to-user forum. I don't work for Dell or McAfee. People who work for Dell in this forum all have a "Dell-" prefix next to their user name. (As for the TOS violation, bad words or using character substitutions for bad words will get posts deleted. I have no control over which posts are deleted.)

To get to the meat of your problem. What is the issue you are having with McAfee? A particular virus or malware program has infected your laptop? The program isn't updating? You need other help?

That would be the first step to getting your issue resolved using this forum. You can also use the 'Unresolved Issues' link at the bottom of the page if you have a case open with Dell.

[Edit to correct to "Dell-" prefix.]

2.2K Posts

March 2nd, 2010 12:00

Hopefully the person that bought it understands that Dell has done nothing wrong in this case. No computer maker will help with virus removal for free.

March 2nd, 2010 13:00

Like I said before no real help here especially from dorks like you ejn63

398 Posts

It needs to be free since it was paid for and the anti-virus program it came with failed to do its job,. Plus it's just like I figured lots of comments but know real help here on this board. What a colossal waste of my time to post here.

How did the antivirus fail?

What is wrong with the laptop now--slow performance; redirected searches; computer won't boot; McAfee won't update; other symptoms?

What have you tried to remedy the infestation--run McAfee; run Malware Bytes Anti-Malware; anything else?

It needs to be free since it was paid for and the anti-virus program it came with failed to do its job,. Plus it's just like I figured lots of comments but know real help here on this board. What a colossal waste of my time to post here.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

No one can help those whose real problem, are reflected in a mirror.

2 Posts

March 2nd, 2010 14:00

I am a first time Dell owner. I bought my Dell Zino through a different website and I liked it, even though it is a bit slow and I have to upgrade the OS and RAM. My son was looking for a desktop computer and I helped him find one. I apparently overlooked one item, the desktop was not set up for wireless. No big deal, or at least I thought, I will order a wireless card for the computer and be done.

So my first call with Dell took 1 1/2 hours and I finally got, as I was told, the correct wireless card for this type of computer on order. The card came, we opened the computer and put it in. Not working. So we opened our Zino to see if we did something wrong. No, the wireless card was installed correctly, but we were missing 2 little antennas and the white wires that lead from the antennas to the wireless card.

So I called customer service again to order the missing parts. After being transferred from one end of the company to the other  or lets say from one part of India to the other, I was told that I ordered the incorrect card and I would get an RMA and shipping label to send it back. The new order was placed and we were anticipating to receive the correct parts to turn my son's computer from a paper weight into the wireless machine he had been looking for.

The second package from Dell arrived, and when we opened it up, it contained the exact card, without the antennas and wires we needed. One difference, this card was less than half of the original, since it was refurbished.

Again a call to Dell, this time I was on the phone with 7 different people for 1 1/2 hours until someone realized we were talking about a Desktop and not a Laptop. So another transfer, which was not the last one. The whole phone call with Dell lastet 2 hours and 27 minutes and I am still not any further. I am expecting a call back today from a technical supervisor, who was very hard to understand and did not seem to understand what I was looking for. I even offered him to take a picture of our Zino to point out the parts we were missing and email the pictures to him. He said he did not need this.

Today I received an email from Dell with another RMA number for the second card. Apparently they are planning to send out card number 3, probably the same card again and again without the missing parts.

I have had different brands of computers and spoken to technical support and customer service in the past. I have never had such a hard time getting decent service and the correct parts. I met Mr. Dell while I lived in Austin, TX, and he just had started his company. I did not think that he would become such a money hound and outsource his customer service to a country whos native language is not English. It is hard to carry on a conversation and explain technical issues with this type of language barrier.

2.2K Posts

March 2nd, 2010 15:00

No need yo be rude.

Free fix = Dell's PC Restore

Details for Vista are here:

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/dsn/en/document?docid=336966

(EDIT: I am aware that virus problems can be removed without restoring the system, but in this case, I do not see theOP wanting to do any trouble shooting to solve the problem...  This seems like the expedient route he seeks.)

2 Posts

No need yo be rude.

Free fix = Dell's PC Restore

Details for Vista are here:

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/dsn/en/document?docid=336966

(EDIT: I am aware that virus problems can be removed without restoring the system, but in this case, I do not see theOP wanting to do any trouble shooting to solve the problem...  This seems like the expedient route he seeks.)

I don't think that I was rude, I just stated the facts. It is more than just frustrating spending this much time on the phone without the results needed.

2.2K Posts

Kiger - I actually had replied to the other poster, not you. Dell's forums do not show a threaded view by default, but my comments were not directed at you....

EDIT: By the way... About your problem, the part you described does not sound like it is part of the card itself, but rather the antenna connection. Rather than having them send you new cards, you may want to see if you can find the part number for the piece you are referring to and order it from Dell Spare Parts....

No Events found!