Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 6th, 2010 02:00

Dell SG Online website misled customer - Beware when buying Zino HD!!!! No AC adaptor in package!!!

Dear all, Recently, about 10 days ago I ordered a Zino HD (upgraded processor to max., upgraded graphic card to max., and ram to 4gb) from Dell SG online store. I received the desktop PC yesterday night and to my horror there is a screw bouncing around inside the computer case which I managed to remove after opening the top cover. To my surpised I realised there was no AC adaptor in the box but only the 220v UK plug. The UK plug cannot be plugged into the Zino HD direct as there is no port there for it but a +/- port similar to a laptop provided. What a big disappointment as I was looking forward to stream all my music to my AVR. sigh! Called up the customer care today and big frustration from waiting for hours, they kept transfering me around and insisted the AC adaptor need to be purchased. How do I know I need to buy one when the website did not mentioned AC adaptor is not included. If I had known I would have bought a Apple imac mini instead for the additional cost outlay. I believed the AC adaptor is quite expensive from my laptop experienced, easily 100 over dollars. Bear in mind, the Dell online website DID NOT MENTIONED at all anything about AC adaptor being not provided and option to buy it. Also, the manual supplied clearly states in the Basic Specification that AC adpator is supplied and depending on the graphic card model. The optional upgraded graphic card I upgraded need the 75 watts adaptor, page 65 onwards in the manual. The customer care lines are terrible:- #1 they keep you waiting for hours, #2 they do not know their product well (especially the Zino HD as they thought AC adaptor is for notebook computers only) #3 they tell me AC adaptor is optional, telling me it is not included because some customer might have spare one to use from laptop. Sigh.... so rediculours. #4 they just transfered call to other without telling you when they are "stuck" and there u need to wait again for 15-20 mins again. #5 they can't even tell me the part number and cost for the AC adaptor after I was transfer from customer service to tech to customer service over and over. (I was on the phone for 1 and a half hour getting NO WHERE.) So now what? I can't even speak to a manager or someone that can make decision.... sigh..... I decided I will return the Zino HD to Dell and hopefully they can collect the PC from me through their courier. My advise to all Zino HD potential customer, please wait for DELL to sort out their SG website before you buy it. Or like me I will switch to Apple iMac Mini after I got my refund. It is a night mare..... once they there is something wrong........... regards

No Responses!
No Events found!