Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

September 30th, 2011 13:00

Help someone please XPM M1730 under extended warranty

Ok where to Start.....

On 9/26 I contacted Dell Tech Support for what I thought was a relatively easy issue, one USB port inop, one USB port almost inop and one headphone jack inop. After some time on the phone they dispatched a motherboard and a service technician to my home on 9/27. I was not home but my wife was, the tech replaced the motherboard, turned on the computer and left. He did not check to make sure anything was working properly before he left so here is what is wrong now.

CPU usage maxed at 100%, system date and time had to be reset manually by me when I got home, all programs running very slow as well as IE8 and/or Gogogle Chrome also the led lights for the front speakers are inop and the trim piece just above the vlume controls is now cracked.

The evening of 9/27 I was on the phone with Dell from 7pm Cental till 11pm and spoke to India first, left on hold transfered around and then got to Dell Canada where I got told "I am taking ownership of this now" yea right. At the end of this call it was determined that they would dispatch yet another service tech ths time with a new hard drive "with no operating system on it" another mother board and led's or speakers no one can give me a  straight answer.

I waited for a call 9/28 nothing happened, I waited for a call 9/29 nothing happened. I once again called Dell Canada and had to explain all over again everyhting that was wrong and what I was told that would happen. Then got informed that I was responsible to back up my files and setting ad reloading all my programs. Then somehow I got switched back to India then back to the Phillipines where I was left on hold for 30 min...I finally hung up.

Uhm why should I be made to do this when the service tech that Dell subcontracted screwed up my computer in the first place. so I have sensitive files and so forth and no one to fix my computer. I spoke to Dell again today on my lunch and got sent to the phillipines and got nowhere

OK in summarization Dell has outsourced this aspect of their business but at what point do you get to talk to someone here in the states and get action taken. I was also told today by the phillipines that the service tech tried to call my house but go no answer, I would like to know how that is possiblw when my wife has been home all day and only two calls have come in.

I am disgustted with the serive of Dell and their capability to take care of their customers, I have had Dell computers for a long time and have come to rely on them, but now I am not so sure. I want my computer fixed or replaced and with all my files and programs reinstalled.

I have already contacted a lawyer to explore my legal options since Dell makes it impossible to get there corporate number to speak to a person who may care.

This computer was in pristine condition and is now nothing more than a paperweight.

I will addd I fianl note I hung up on the phillipines but they never called me back....oh I will call you back I promise you guys can tpromise they day witll have sun let alone promise to fix anything.

2.2K Posts

September 30th, 2011 17:00

What was the lawyer's response? From what I can tell, you have a system that needs to be repaired and they are trying to work with you to get that done. Did he say if you had a ny type of case? If so, I'd be curious as to what the grounds were....

Moving on to some advice.....

It is pretty standard among all computer makers that users back up their programs and data, regardless of whether their support is outsourced or not.

I use (and highly recommend) Acronis True Image to achieve that goal. It backs up the whole hard drive and can recover in under 30 minutes....Great product, easy to use, and prevents the exact worries you seem to be having right now.

No Events found!