Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 22nd, 2012 04:00

How can I cancel an order?

Can anyone help me? I placed an order for a 24" monitor a few hours ago. I soon realized a 22" monitor would fit my desk better. I have emailed, searched Google and called Dell phone numbers since then and I'm getting nowhere. Every number I call is answered by a "bot" and takes me the whole way to saying they are getting someone to help me, but then they come back and say they are closed today and to call back on the next business day. I fear that would be too late. I've never ordered from a company that doesn't have an option to cancel when the estimated shipping date is over a week away. Does anyone know how to cancel this? I would really like not to be charged a return fee on this order. Thanks for any help on this matter.

2.3K Posts

September 22nd, 2012 20:00

Hi mshomo,

Try this phone number to cancel the order. Use option 2 on the phone tree.

1-800-247-2076.

14 Posts

September 22nd, 2012 23:00

Thanks for the number, but that is the first one I tried. I just went through questions and answers with a "bot". Then I was told I would be transferred to someone who could assist me. The "bot" came back on the line and told me they were closed and to call back on the next business day. I appreciate you trying to help. Thanks!

2.3K Posts

September 23rd, 2012 09:00

Give them a call Monday morning. Apparently they aren`t open on the weekend and if that doesen`t work post back so I can have a moderator look into it.

14 Posts

September 24th, 2012 08:00

Well, I called and it seems the monitor is soon to be or has already been picked up by UPS. Now I'm to wait for it to arrive and then I'll be issued a return label. Not sure what it will cost me to return it. Maybe the 15% re-stocking fee. He wasn't sure.

2.3K Posts

September 24th, 2012 09:00

I would call them as soon as you get it without openeing it. Tell them you need to order another model and wish to return this. Maybe they won`t charge the restocking fee.

14 Posts

October 1st, 2012 18:00

Well, no luck in returning this monitor yet. I called as soon as they opened on Monday, 09/24 and told them my situation. This is the email I received after I spoke to Dell Customer Service on 09/24/2012...

---------------------------------

Greetings [ Admin Note, name edited out per TOU policy]

This email is regarding your cancellation request for Order# (My Order Number) DELL UltraSharp U2412M 24 due to smaller screen is suitable for the your need and unable to cancel the said order when you have change your mind. Since the order is already complete for shipping and should be assigned to a courier service anytime at this point, as agreed we shall process a return and refund upon received of the order. As discussed a restocking fee of 15% is subject to be deducted on original amount. Rest assure that I will personally handle this request and submit request for full amount approval as much as possible since you only decided to cancel the said order due to ordering a smaller screen monitor and computer system as you change your mind in the process. As agreed I shall monitor the Order# (My Order Number) and keep you posted by email this coming Thursday, 09/27/12 and call you at phone# (My Phone Number) with estimated delivery date on or before 10/01/12. This request is assigned under my supervision with service request# (Number)

Respectfully Yours,

[ Admin note, name edited out per TOU policy]

Client Technical Support Associate | Dell Customer Service

---------------------------------

I haven't heard a word from him since. The monitor was then delivered on 09/26 (Wednesday). Next, I got a voice message on my phone and an email from another Dell Customer Service Representative on Friday 09/28. She told me that the first rep went on leave until Monday(today). This is her email...

-------------------------------------

Good day . Let me share with you , UPS gave us their confirmation that the order was successfully delivered to the correct address  . Kindly let us know if you have received DELL Order Number (My Order Number) ( DELL UltraSharp U2412M 24 , 1 qty  ) in good condition  . If you have , please reply to this email to confirm , so I can update your account accurately . Also , we’d like to know if you still want to pursue the return request for this order . I’ll wait for your response . Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

Client Technical Support Associate

Dell | CSMB Product Services Team

---------------------------------------

I emailed her back and told her again that I still wanted to return the monitor. I received no reply, so I emailed them both today (Monday Oct. 1, 2012) and asked for further instructions. I received no reply. I don't know what else to do. Any suggestions? Also, I found this was the policy when I placed the order, so I probably won’t be paying a re-stocking fee. I’m happy about that!

---------------------------------------

Ship it for free and if you don’t love it, return it.
Buy Dell PCs, electronics or accessories now and get free 5- to 7-day ground shipping. It’s easy, with no minimum purchase required. And if you decide something isn’t for you, just ship it back within 30 days of your invoice date for a full refund, including free return shipping. Dell will even waive the restocking fee*.

2.3K Posts

October 1st, 2012 19:00

Hi m shomo,

I will have a moderator contact you to see if she can help you.

14 Posts

October 1st, 2012 19:00

Thank you!

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 2nd, 2012 07:00

Hi Mshomo,

Thanks for contacting us regarding cancelling your order. I may be able to help. Please contact me privately http://dell.to/Hd9nCq and provide the order #.

Thanks,

Lorna

No Events found!