Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Z

December 4th, 2008 16:00

How do we unsubscribe from a thread's email notifications??

The email notifications I'm getting have the following footer:

----------------------------------
You were sent this email because you opted to receive email notifications when someone responded to this topic.

To unsubscribe, go here and disable your email subscription for this thread.

The "here" link simply takes me to the thread, with no visible options for unsubscribing.  The only work-around I've found is to disable all notifications in my profile preferences, which is something I'd prefer not to do as I may miss updates on threads that I am still interested in.

For example, I'd very much like to remove my subscription from the "Poll - New Community" thread, with 716 replies received so far!

I am aware of and found this link for the "forum subscriptions", which operate on a per-forum basis.  These are all set to "No" already.  Where are the thread options?

63 Posts

March 12th, 2010 16:00

This should stop the emails. It has worked for me!

Yes, but as stated this disabled all email notifications, which some of us do want to receive.

At least I didn't get notifications on this one, since my first reply here I unchecked "email me replies".  I'm still receiving the original one I posted about, though.  I just handle it at my email client now.  

However, even though I had "email me replies" unchecked, it checked it on this reply.

1 Rookie

• 

86 Posts

March 12th, 2010 17:00

At some point, and I haven't done a sequence test, might it be that empying the cookies folder will allow for the unchecked box to work as it should? Just a thought. Haven't tested the idea. Sorry. 

5 Posts

March 25th, 2010 13:00

Thank you Julie! I've been running around in circles trying to unsubscribe to a thread! 

No Events found!