Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

2 Intern

• 

2.7K Posts

November 29th, 2008 13:00

How do you subscribe to a thread..

so that you get an email notification when there are replies? 

4.6K Posts

November 29th, 2008 14:00

User Profile --> Site Options --> Email Configuration --> Send Notifications?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 29th, 2008 21:00

aps@sun,

If you reply to a post, the box is there to email, just like before. If you want to just subscribe to a post, I was told all you have to do is click on favorites. Below are the instructions I made for someone else.

Email options, edit user profile, site options, Content editor enhanced, Yes to everything, enable post mouse-over-popup no, email configs, yes to all.

While you're in any forum, under the great Froum Tags cloud, you'll see Forum Subscriptions, click on it and you can subscribe to the whole board of just the borad you want. If no board is selected, then you should get emails for just the posts you reply to and replies are given back, unless you uncheck the box in options or below the post, if there.

I was also told to unsubscribe to a post, all you have to do is click on the favorites on the post you no longer want to get email notification for.

Good Luck,

Rick

387 Posts

November 30th, 2008 11:00

unless you uncheck the box in options or below the post, if there.

Some people have reported that unchecking the box below the post, and posting so that it would stick, doesn't suspend the notifications so this may not be working as intended.

I was also told to unsubscribe to a post, all you have to do is click on the favorites on the post you no longer want to get email notification for.

I tried doing that and after the Favorites link pulsated for a few moments it gave the options to Add this post as a favorite or Add this forum as a favorite, on a thread that was already providing notifications. Perhaps adding the post as a favorite and then going back in and removing the post as a favorite would work? It seems like the old forums had a list of subscribed threads where all we had to do was choose Unsubscribe and that method seemed much easier.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 30th, 2008 11:00

williamkidd,

I read your unofficial post(loved the video :emotion-21: )  and it might be a way to go. Another poster, JRosenfeld, wrote that only 3 favorites show up in his favorites. I was told you can just click on the favorites link without doing anything else to unsubscribe to the post you replied to. You can also answer the post with a reply, click on options before yuou post and uncheck the boxes and also lock the reply, might also be another route to take. We notice different things happen on each Forum, Blog, Private message, nothing is consistant. We try to keep our sources at Dell updated and then they can go from there. I send a screenshot to someone earlier and they told me it didn't look that way on their computers, so what they're seeing and ht we're seeing is also different. I see some issues get better and some get worse.

I posted this is another part, but it should be more useful here to share with all members, so I copied it to here for everyone to use. These are the settings I am currently using. I get email notification for everything I reply to. If I go to the post and want to unscribe, I just click on the favorites button and it bounces a little, then the choices popup. I do nothing to these and I really didn't notice but I didn't get another email since I did that.

Email options, edit user profile, site options, Content editor enhanced, Yes to everything, enable post mouse-over-popup no, email configs, yes to all.

While you're in any forum, under the great Froum Tags cloud, you'll see Forum Subscriptions, click on it and you can subscribe to the whole board of just the borad you want. If no board is selected, then you should get emails for just the posts you reply to and replies are given back, unless you uncheck the box in options or below the post, if there.

Good Luck,

Rick

387 Posts

December 1st, 2008 06:00

I read your unofficial post(loved the video :emotion-21: )  and it might be a way to go.

Thanks for reading my FAQ post, Rick. I can't take credit for the video though, we have QStorm77 to thank for that one. I figured that having one page with links to all of the navigation/use Wikis was easier than having to wade through eleven pages (at last count) to find the same articles so that was the stimulus for my post.

Another poster, JRosenfeld, wrote that only 3 favorites show up in his favorites.

I'm seeing the same thing as JRosenfeld in regards to the Favorites, only 3 are visible at one time. When the fourth favorite is added, the oldest (i.e. first favorited) is pushed into the void but still exists as a Favorite. Deleting the fourth favorite makes the oldest one visible again in the Your Favorites list. It seems as though the Your Favorites list is still using the 3 posts per page limit but is not showing more than one page.

I was told you can just click on the favorites link without doing anything else to unsubscribe to the post you replied to. You can also answer the post with a reply, click on options before yuou post and uncheck the boxes and also lock the reply, might also be another route to take.

I was considering adding a How to Subscribe/Unsubscribe section to my FAQ but I can't see a consistent way that is working. I tried the clicking on the Favorites way but that didn't work. Are you clicking on the initial post in the thread to unsubscribe or the last post in the thread? I tried it by clicking on the initial post. I haven't tried the "uncheck before post" method but I've heard enough people say that it didn't work for them.

We notice different things happen on each Forum, Blog, Private message, nothing is consistant.

I don't think anyone is going to disagree with this statement. :emotion-1:

No Events found!