Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 7th, 2009 22:00

Insert Key Usage

Laptop Model: Inspiron 1525.....just got last month - can someone tell me what other key has to be depressed along with the "insert" key in order to make the key work or function???  i have tried everything i know in combination and am getting no results! thanks

4.6K Posts

April 8th, 2009 01:00

Welcome to the forums :emotion-21:

Using the Insert key? :emotion-55:

What OS are you using?  What are you trying to use it for?

Using the Insert key to insert text / Using the Insert key to paste text

Use the Insert key to paste in Word / Using the insert key to paste in Word in MS Vista :emotion-5:

3.7K Posts

April 8th, 2009 02:00

Laptop Model: Inspiron 1525.....just got last month - can someone tell me what other key has to be depressed along with the "insert" key in order to make the key work or function???  i have tried everything i know in combination and am getting no results! thanks

Hi lasorrows, If your talking the Operating System product Key, then you can use that as many times as you want, on that system. 

2 Posts

April 8th, 2009 06:00

no - i am not talking about pasting and inserting text - i mean if i am simply typing an email and i mis-spell a word and to go back and correct that word or TYPE OVER it without having to type over the letter you put in incorrectly - without having to deleted that wrong letter first - such as on my regular PC key board - after i hit the insert key once, it auto types over anything that you type over the top of - apparently on a laptop you have to hit a the control key @ the same time as the "insert" key or something to that effect - i want to type over words that are mis-spelled without having to delete the incorrect letter word first (or after) - i want to know how to turn on that "type over function" until i hit that insert key again to turn it off - just like on a regular PC keyboard, it doesn't amtter what program you are in- Word, Email, Facebook , etc.i just wnat to know which key to press along WITH the insert key to make it type over words - make sense????

No Events found!