Please find below the installation instructions from the link I previously gave.
1. Double-click the new icon (labeled CZ125700.EXE) on the desktop.
2. The Self-Extracting window appears and prompts you to extract or unzip to C:\DELL\DRIVERS\CZ125700.EXE. Write down this path so the executable (Example - Setup.exe) file can be found later.
3. The Self-Extractor window appears.
4. Click OK.
5. After completing the file extraction, if the Self-Extractor window is still open, close it.
6. Click the Start button and then click Run.
7. Type C:\DELL\DRIVERS\CZ125700.EXE in the Open textbox and then click OK.
8. Follow the on-screen installation instructions.
Did you get to the on-screen installation instructions mentioned in step 8?
yes, i went to start, run and typed in C:\Dell\Drivers\R100688\ then OK...it pulls up a bunch of files....not sure what to do with them or if i messed up somewhere...thanks again ...
i thought I would go over what I did exactly again yesterday. Hopefully this will shine a light on my computer ignorance. Thanks again.
1. clicked on Sofu's link
2. downloaded 32 bit diagnostics / saved it to desktop
3. I was prompted to extract files to C:\Dell\Drivers\R100688\
4. clicked ok - files unzipped
5. closed window
6. went to start / run - typed in C:\Dell\Drivers\R100688\ in the dialog box....clicked OK
7. It then took me to the a bunch of files listed with a .mdm suffix that were located in the R100688 folder
This is where I'm at to this point.....hopefully I can be guided from here...thanks again Karl