Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 1st, 2009 12:00

Intel 945GM Graphics Controller drivers won't install

Hello,

I have a  Laptop: Inspiron  E1505 (6400)  E1505 , Windows XP Pro SP2, I just reinstalled windows xp and each time I try to install the Intel 945GM Graphics Controller driver from the CD it gives me an error saying:  One or more files that are required for installation are either missing or corrupt.  Setup will exit!

I tried downloading the driver from somewhere else and when I install it it gives me a different error saying:  The computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software!

All other drivers are installed and working fine

I tried installing everything in order like the notebook software and the chipset but I still get the same error.

I would appreciate any help on that.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

July 1st, 2009 13:00

6 Posts

It says: This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software!

Also, the wireless card is giving me hard time showing up, isn't it also Intel?

Thanks

6 Posts

Yes I tried that one before and same error, I am going to repost in the video section....Thank you for the prompt reply!

By the way...sometimes...When I click on download for that driver or other drivers, the binary file doesn't not come up instead a file with a" .application" extension...I can't even download a driver from the website....sometimes that happens and sometimes it works fine...

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

HERE  is the driver from the Dell downloads for the E1505. Have you tried this driver?

If this doesn't help, repost on the Laptop Video section.

October 3rd, 2009 01:00

I am also facing the same problem,cant install 945 GM graphics controller and my wifi is not working(No supported wireless adapters available in the system)

Please help.

6 Posts

October 3rd, 2009 03:00

When I had this problem, I found out eventually that my graphics card is ATI and not intel...Eventhough Dell drivers CD tells me that it's intel, it's not, so, try installing The ATI card.

October 5th, 2009 00:00

Which ATI card is compatible with Dell E 1505.

October 5th, 2009 08:00

Thanks a ton,I installed the ATI card and now its working fine.The other problem which I am facing is the Wifi doesnt work.It says no supported wireless adapters available in the system.Please help solve this problem.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 5th, 2009 09:00

The Desktop/Notebook Utility needs to be installed first(if applicable), then the chipset drivers. If they are NOT installed first, then the rest of the drivers will fail to install.

Since the operating system was re-installed did you remember to go to drivers and downloads, enter your service tag(DO NOT POST SERVICE TAG here or your post will get deleted, since it contains your personal information), and install these drivers in this order.

:emotion-55: Hint :emotion-55: When downloading the drivers, make a folder for each drivers and name it with the device it belongs with to make it easier to install them in the proper order.

Desktop System Software or Notebook System Software(if applicable)
Chipset or SMBus driver
Processor Driver (if applicable)
Video
Audio (sound)
Input Drivers (keyboard/mouse)
Modem
Network Card

QuickSet(Laptop only)

Rick

October 11th, 2009 05:00

The wireless driver which I installed from the resourse CD doesnt work.it says no supported wireless adapters available in the system.Were you able to solve the problem of your wireless card.Please help. 

1 Message

October 11th, 2009 11:00

Which ATI cards was it?

No Events found!