3 Argentium

Is there a way to turn off the madness with bot Private Messages?

I get them all the time and its becoming a pain. If you don't reply you'll keep getting automated emails till you do. 😩👎

‎11-11-2019
Hello, I’m your Dell virtual assistant. In case you have a question about your Dell system or need technical assistance, may I have the Service Tag or Express Service Code or order number, please? I’ll validate your system warranty and get back to you with the available options.   How to find the Service Tag: https://goo.gl/qc4MY8
3 Replies
Highlighted
3 Argentium

Re: Is there a way to turn off the madness with bot Private Messages?

PS and if you click ignore you still get them.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Because you are actively assisting other users on their threads via replies, you should not be receiving the bot Private Message asking for service tag.

We have enhanced your profile in our Forum Khorus software to allow for this. We will also tweak the Forum Khorus software to automatically tag profiles that exhibit this same activity of assisting other users on their threads.

Now, if you start a thread (original poster) asking for assistance from Dell, then you will get the bot Private Message asking for service tag.

Highlighted
3 Argentium

Gotcha! sounds good.

PS I actually received a message this morning from a thread from September of this year that I never replied to. Maybe what you mentioned will tighten that up also.

Thanks