Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 8th, 2009 08:00

NO ETHERNET DRIVER FOR OPTIPLEX 745

I TRIED TO INSTALL A NEW WIRELESS ROUTER, I HAVE A LINKSYS ADSL2+GATEWAY. WHEN I TRIED TO CONNECT TO CONFIGURE THE ROUTER TO THE COMPUTER IT SAID I HAD NO ETHERNET ADAPTOR AVAILABLE! I AM USUALLY CONNECTED VIA AN ADSL MMODEM BY USB SO DIDN'T NOTICE MY ETHERNET WASN'T WORKING BEFORE. HAVE TRIED TO DOWNLOAD A DRIVER AS WHEN I WENT TO DEVICE MANAGER I HAD A YELLOW FLAG TO SAY NO DRIVER WAS INSTALLED. I TRIED 3 DIFFERENT ONES BUT THEY DIDN'T WORK!

ANY IDEAS OF WHERE I CAN GET THE CORRECT DRIVER FROM? I HAVE WINDOWS VISTA LOADED.

SARAH D

1K Posts

March 8th, 2009 09:00

Hi Sarah D, welcome to the Forums.

First of all. Try to avoid capital letters. It is considered as shouting in the Forums.

The next two links are for your PC, first Support, second Drivers & Downloads. I found a Ethernet driver for Broadcom 57xx for your PC and Vista (under network). Is that your Network Integrated communication device ? the one you tried ? Do not use the application since it is not for Vista. Also go into BIOS ( reboot. Depress F2 when DELL´logo shows up ) and make sure the Ethernet com is ON. Just in case, when installing driver disconnect cable ( modem) from NIC.

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/product_support/en/product_support_central?c=us&l=en&systemid=PLX_PNT_p4_745

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&ServiceTag=&SystemID=PLX_PNT_P4_745&os=WW1&osl=en&catid=&impid=

Hope it helps.

EDIT: Sorry iee488. Something wrong with my connection and the Forum. By the time I recovered the info and type it you already posted and answer. Any way I posted the link to the Driver for sarah D.

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

March 8th, 2009 09:00

SarahD,

Please don't post in ALL CAPS. That is considered shouting. It is also very difficult to read.

There's only one driver per OS type for this model. Download the one for yours. There is also a diagnostic utility that you can download and install.

No Events found!