Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 1st, 2009 12:00

NO WAY to CANCEL the order?

Hi All,

I placed an order on 2/28 around 11:00 PM for XPS Studio computer. The next morning I realized that A. I did not order the correct disks size-wise and B. that the ship dates are too far away. It used to take about a week to get the computer. This time the estimated ship date was 3/31 - MORE THAN A MONTH!!

So I decided I need to maybe purchase it somwwhere else to get it sooner. In any case I decided to CANCEL.

I went to the website and understood that I have to call customer  support. WHich I did - tried calling at 10 and 11 EST unsuccessfully ( according to the dell site, CS supposed to work 7 days a week from 8AM CST) . Around 1:00PM I finally got somebody on the phone. Nice indian lady told me that since it is already in production, she cannot cancell the order and that I will need to wait until it shipped and the ship it back as a return). THIS SIMPLY DOES NOT MAKE ANY SENSE! There's got to be a way NOT TO SHIP somehting that is not scheduled to be shipped until another month! I would really hate to waste my or DELL's money - doing all the work and  paying twice for shipping. What's the catch?

Thanks,

ilanag

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

March 1st, 2009 13:00

ilanag

See if the form HERE can help.

Bev.

2 Posts

March 2nd, 2009 12:00

shesagordie,

thanks for the suggestion.

I filled out the form and we will see if this works.

Thanks again,

ilanag

70 Posts

March 2nd, 2009 13:00

I cancelled an order recently and had no problems - I called the following Dell number - its the number you call to make a change to an order that you place online:

1-800-247-2076   Option #2

I've never had a problem canceling an order with Dell - they've always been very professional and courteous about it.....this number does lead to individuals who tend to have a mexican/spanish accent - but, they're very easy to understand - and never showed an issue with repeating themselves if requested to do so.

452 Posts

March 3rd, 2009 08:00

angikay30,

Thanks so much for the info, it worked like a charm!

I also configured my setup wrong and spent five days trying to get customer service to cancel. They told me over and over the order was locked and I had to accept shipment and return it.  After calling 1-800-247-2076 it was cancelled in less than a minute!

Thanks again!

4 Posts

April 19th, 2009 13:00

Well I guess you talked to the right person. I called allmost ever dell number including the number you provided but with no luck. Got the same response "There is no way to cancel or even modifiy the order in the production stage." I only ordered it the day before and it was a saturday evening. I would have to wait for them to build it, ship it, ship it back to dell and wait for the refund and re-order the computer that i want. Which like someone said before it's a month away plus the time in will take to ship in back to dell. I'm really felling fusterated and regretting buying from dell. I never had any problems with them before untill now.

3 Posts

April 19th, 2009 14:00

I find myself in exaqct5ly the same position as you. I am handicapped and do not know about shipping things back. It would be so much easier for all to stop it now, and let me order what I realized I* really want/need. It is a waste of time and money to ship it  the first time. We just have to pay for changing our minds. But the ti8me delay from order to delivery would seem to allow roomfor meeting the customers needs. MY NEXT PC WILL BE DELIVERED IN 1 WEEK OR NOT AT ALL.-there is way too much time for buyers remorse when 30 days goes by. Hang in there and hope things work out for you.

2 Posts

May 31st, 2009 13:00

They must have changed their cancellation policy because I called the 800-247-2076 number twice and was told the computer I ordered less than 48 hours ago was in production and the order could not be cancelled.   I actually just wanted to reconfigure my computer as the sales representative on the phone did not offer me the options I later found on Dell's site. And in reconfiguring my computer, I would have actually been adding tcomponents to the computer and removing nothing - so it is in their best interest to make this change.  But when I called the above number twice, one person told me if I ordered another computer the way I wanted it and then received the first computer, I could call customer service, give them the order number of the second computer I ordered, and they would wave the 15 percent restocking fee when I returned the first computer.  Another person told me that after I received the computer that wasn't configured how I wanted it to be, I could call customer service and ask for an "exchange order" and they would pay for return shipping and reconfigure the computer.  I wonder how many more different options I would get if I keep calling that number. 

Then I tried to go to the this site, even though it supposedly allows you to change your order until it has shipped, I kept getting an error code which said my customer number was wrong. I checked it 10 times and my customer number was NOT wrong.  I love the Dell product but their policies and customer service are completely consumer-UNfriendly.

2 Posts

May 31st, 2009 14:00

The hyperlink above is wrong.  This is the correct site.

No Events found!