Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 13th, 2009 04:00

Need Solution ; Unknown device on Intel(R) ICH8M LPC Interface Controller - 2815

I have Dell Latitude D630, after everything going worse with the Windows, I decide to reinstall the Windows using Reinstallation CD. The installation almost successfully with install all necessary drivers and utilities with additional CD. The only remaining item is ; there is one Unknown device with location "on Intel(R) ICH8M LPC Interface Controller - 2815" on Device Manager.

I have search using Google also search through Dell website for this matter but found nothing. Anybody know how to resolve this problem ?

Thanks in advance

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

March 13th, 2009 04:00

It sounds like something was missing in the reinstallation procedure.  HERE is the Dell reinstall procedures - check them over and see if you missed anything.

On almost all Dell reinstalls there are chipset drivers, which among other things define what is on or attached to the motherboard.  It sounds like the chipset drivers were omitted.  In general, the reinstallation sequence is (1) Install Windows (2) Install chipset drivers (3) Install device drivers (e.g. sound video, etc).

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

March 13th, 2009 12:00

See the discussion and fix on THIS site.  It appears to be the infrared controller and it was not installed when you did the reinstallation.

No Events found!