Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 14th, 2009 15:00

Not worth the wait...

I wish I would have read come of these comments before placing my order.  I ordered a computer on 2/26 with a ship date of 3/10.  Well here I am still with no computer and the ship date kept getting pushed back.  I received the printer extremelly fast, but what good is it doing me now.  I finally just cancelled my order on the 12th.  I had such high hopes but just kepts getting the runaround.  I ordered another computer from a different company on 3/13 and have already received a shipping confirmation the same day.  Now that is great service!!  I hope the printer I ordered from Dell won't cause me any problems, I have wasted enough time trying to figure out what the problem was with the shipping of the computer.  And of course everytime I called the people I had to talk to could not speak very good English.  Then I was told that if I wanted to speak to Americans I would have to pay almost $180!!  That is not OK with me since I live in America!!  So needless to say Dell lost a $1200 order, and the company I purchased the other computer from got it, and all of their tech support is in America with English speaking people, and it won't cost me a dime.  Hope Dell can figure out a way to fix all of their issues or I don't see them staying in business much longer.

4.4K Posts

March 15th, 2009 06:00

All Dell laptops are built to order in Malaysia or equivalent so there is extra time involved in receiving it.  What you ordered is in a box on a shelf already if it ships out in a day or two. Just curious though, what computer did you buy as most have offshore support unless you pay extra?

3 Posts

March 15th, 2009 09:00

PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME WHY IT TAKES 6 WEEKS TO GET A PC BUILT. I ORDERED ON FEB 6 SHIP DATE IS MARCH 23. I COULD HAVE ORDERED PARTS AND BUILT MORE THAN ONE IN THAT TIME. I ORDERED THE PC THROUGH MY COMPANY AND TO ME THATS NOT GOOD BUSINESS IN THE FUTURE. I WOULD THINK IT WOULD MAKE PEOPLE GO ELSEWHERE. IT SEEMS DELL HAS SOME ISSUES THEY NEED TO FIX. THIS IS THE FIRST TIME IVE DEALT WITH DELL AND COULD BE LAST. THANKS FOR LETTING ME VENT

4 Posts

March 15th, 2009 13:00

I really don't care if the computer I ordered was already built and ready to ship.  My point is that the computer I ordered elsewhere had everything I want and it was able to ship so quickly.  I did a lot of research before ordering the computer and I really couldn't find many bad reviews.  I went to cnet and several other sites and what really sold me was that they all said tech support was in America and it didn't cost extra.  The computer I purchased was the LENOVO THINKPAD R400.   Anyway I hope I made the right decision but will keep everyone posted once my computer arrives.  Thanks for all the replies!! I appreciate it.

1 Message

March 15th, 2009 15:00

I too wish I had read the comments prior to ordering.  I first ordered a Studio 15 on 2/8 and a second one on 3/1.  After numerous delays in shipment, yesterday Dell cancelled my first order due to 'some problem with my credit card'.  There was absolutely nothing wrong with the card.  I was told I needed to re-order if I still wanted the laptop.  Forget it!  I have now cancelled both orders - permanently.  I went on line to one of the big box electronic stores.  They had the laptop and I had it in my home in under an hour.   I continue to be amazed that Dell prides itself on customer service.  It's a shame because I think that they do sell a quality product.  My desk top is going strong after may years of reliable service. 

4.6K Posts

March 16th, 2009 14:00

PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME WHY IT TAKES 6 WEEKS TO GET A PC BUILT.

First of all... typing everything in CAPITALS, won't get your question answered any quicker :emotion-43:

Secondly... your question was answered in the post directly above yours :emotion-55:

All Dell laptops are built to order in Malaysia or equivalent so there is extra time involved in receiving it.

No Events found!