Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 19th, 2009 08:00

Poll - Next Steps for Community Site

Continuing our efforts to improve the Dell Community site, please take a moment to let us know what you feel the next priority should be. As always, you can also provide ideas to us on Ideastorm or vote on those that others have submitted in the Dell Community category.

Please use the comment section to indicate what you chose and why- the more detailed feedback we get, the better. We read and appreciate all of your feedback!

[Poll]

2.1K Posts

April 3rd, 2009 11:00

Again, it's an alternative should you find a need. It's a relatively small site but growing and the level of expertise of the regulars is outstanding. A lot of them have extensive custom/self system build experience in addition to their Dell systems enhancements and/or modding in some cases.

2 Posts

April 3rd, 2009 11:00

I can't get it to stop sending me emails when this thread gets updated lol when I click on page 1 it sends me to the last page....

1 Rookie

• 

2.1K Posts

April 3rd, 2009 15:00

dell had made this forum difficult, so they can make money off it ....get more to pay for tech advice...its a shame it has gone this far with the fourm,,, suppose to be place for the customer...nothing more..but dell sees it different.

April 3rd, 2009 19:00

very true. it's all about $ $ $ $. and have you seen their ads for ADAMO or something OMG ! it's awful! where did they find those models in a nut house??????

does anyone know who does their horrible adverts?

133 Posts

April 7th, 2009 01:00

CNET is advertising their Dell forums are run by Dell employees,

what is going on here?

They are very clear that this has been done in collaboration with Dell "Dell worked with CNET to create a forum where people can ask questions and talk about......." then further on we get

"Welcome to the Dell forum on CNET! This forum is staffed by Dell employees to help you with questions, troubleshooting, or buying advice with any products Dell has to offer. While there will be Dell reps to assist you with your questions, often the most helpful answers come from CNET forum members themselves, so please don't hesitate to jump right in and be part of the conversations. Enjoy!"

Give us some feedback Dell, or is this site officially dead?

2.1K Posts

April 14th, 2009 10:00

The forums design – no wait, they have no design… This is insanity in action.

Poorest site I have ever seen!

1 Message

April 25th, 2009 13:00

Geoff,

How about adding a section to the support page entitled "ask a simple question"?

Or howbout a box to click on that allows you to ask a Dell question without the non existent service number?

I have a dell 20 inch (actual diagonal inches). Purchased in 2008. It has the mounts for a sound bar,

but no ports on the side of the monitor to plug it in to for power, does dell sell a power supply (transformer cube) that I can buy to plug my as501 into?

When I bought the AS501 the dell sales rep asked if my monitor had the locking blocks to snap the as501 into (yes)- so I bought it!

But although I have the docking locks for the as501, again, I have no power plug receptacle. Please forward this note to the sales department and ask them to let me know if they have the transformer that goes with the AS501 if the flat panel monitor has no female plug receptacle.

Thanks

3.9K Posts

April 25th, 2009 21:00

Luigi2, most likely no one from Dell will see your questions-these support forums are mostly users like yourself.  You'd want to contact Dell directly to see about getting a power adapter or whatever you need to get that working.

15 Posts

April 26th, 2009 02:00

Geoff,

How about adding a section to the support page entitled "ask a simple question"?

Or howbout a box to click on that allows you to ask a Dell question without the non existent service number?

I have a dell 20 inch (actual diagonal inches). Purchased in 2008. It has the mounts for a sound bar,

but no ports on the side of the monitor to plug it in to for power, does dell sell a power supply (transformer cube) that I can buy to plug my as501 into?

When I bought the AS501 the dell sales rep asked if my monitor had the locking blocks to snap the as501 into (yes)- so I bought it!

But although I have the docking locks for the as501, again, I have no power plug receptacle. Please forward this note to the sales department and ask them to let me know if they have the transformer that goes with the AS501 if the flat panel monitor has no female plug receptacle.

Thanks

You be best to contact DELL  here: Contact Us

Or here: Live Chat

5 Posts

May 1st, 2009 11:00

The ability to be able to search within a forum ..

24 Posts

June 20th, 2009 04:00

Dell needs to start rolling out new firmware revisions for their older systems, I mean Dell's new BIOS spash screen and BIOS layout thats found on their new desktops and notebooks incorporated in the older systems like the Dimension series and GX series desktops.  I mean if Dell creates new BIOS versions simply to change the processor logo then it shouldnt be a problem.

1 Rookie

• 

86 Posts

December 1st, 2009 14:00

Why is this poll not a sticky!?

I did a search before posting something about the user interface and was quite surprised to find this poll.

Maybe we are not just dealing with user interface problems, rather an attitude problem on the part of whoever is supposed to be managing this forum.

I mean, get real, folks.

You create a poll asking for advice and then you allow it to be buried!

This is supposed to show us your caring ways?

Do you suppose there could be an upgrade in management attitude around here!?

Makes a little ole' country boy like me want to give up on this forum and toss my Dell into a playground where some kids can pound on a lifeless machine before somebody tosses it into a garbage truck.

Maybe some youngster will take the computer apart and decide to make this industry a career field and join Dell and fix something around here.

Maybe the fella or gal who coined  the "Dell Hell" term is onto something. This just seems to keep on going from worse to worse.

We've got a ship floating around on the Net waves without any officers on the bridge.

This reminds me of the moderator here who asked if I had any questions and then never responded to my response.

2.1K Posts

December 1st, 2009 15:00

Nothing you've said hasn't been said hundreds of times (and more..) previously dating back to the infamous Nov 08 roll out of this format. The once numerous regular long-timers on these forums, some whose start dates were in the 90's and who provided free tech support have long since departed and with them their collective knowledge. The only reason I'm responding is, frankly, I was surprised to get a notification related to this poll thread...

And for the record, this January 09 poll thread replaced the original format poll immediately following the November 08 format rollout because the results reflected better than a 70% thumbs down which apparently didn't sit well with those responsible for the format change..

1 Rookie

• 

86 Posts

December 1st, 2009 17:00

Wow! That's a shame. That's a real shame.

This forum holds potential for term paper material.

And your response, , speaks volumes.

Thank you.

3.9K Posts

December 2nd, 2009 06:00

*Sigh* I still miss this place, and with systems like Dell's Alienware m15x I'm excited about their hardware again, but...yeah :(

No Events found!