Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

G

May 4th, 2009 18:00

Power supply rating and use

HI I have a XPS 435 MT does any one know what is the power supply rating at. How much power I am using with 6 1Gbyte memory Dimms and Radeon HD4670 video card.  I am wonder is it safe to add a second DISK and maybe another DVD reader.  At what point do I have to upgrade the power supply.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

May 5th, 2009 04:00

Dell specs show 360 watt power supply.  As Dell tends to underrate their supplies that is probably more like a 400 or even 425 watt supply.

I would say a 2nd optical drive and a second hard drive won't hurt this system.

A note, almost all new drives are now both CD/DVD burner drives.  You can get just a CD/DVD ROM drive but it will cost as much or more than the CD/DVD burner types.

Check www.newegg.com for both the optical and hard drives.  Your system uses SATA drives.  If you only have two SATA devices now, you are OK to add two more since there a total of four SATA data ports on the motherboard.  Each SATA device needs it's own data port (and cable). 

12 Posts

May 5th, 2009 05:00

Thanks if it is more like 400 watts I fell better about the system.  I would like to how to estimat the power consummed in computer.  I will work up an estimate this week and post it when I am done.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

May 5th, 2009 14:00

Thanks if it is more like 400 watts I fell better about the system.  I would like to how to estimat the power consummed in computer.  I will work up an estimate this week and post it when I am done.

getmikie

See if the program HERE

Bev.

No Events found!