Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

October 20th, 2009 17:00

Re: Complaints

Todd

After searching complaints on the Dell website I got a result that somehow led to Todd D.  I am attempting to type this on my barely functional Mini 12 that has been back to depot 2x and still does not function correctly (to be clear it was a complete hard drive failure that sent the computer back to depot both times).  I have asked Dell to take back the mini and credit the cost towards another machine (no go despite the fact that the computer is only 4 months old).  Anyways just ordered a Fasttrack studio 15 only to have it not be sent when it was promised, have an order support person tell me I was wrong and had not ordered fast track and then hang up on me and basically have the worst customer experience in the history of mankind. 

I have bought 7 dell computers and I am officially done forever, without a doubt, I have exprerienced the worst customer service I have ever had from any company in any area of my long consumer existence.

I wish there was someone I could send an e-mail to who would at least realize that if this continues Dell can not and will not survive.  It is a tragedy that a great company has been completely destroyed.

Hope someone is listening.

86 Posts

November 30th, 2009 10:00

I suspect there is a company fella/gal reading these posts, but how high up the ladder they are is the key question. Can they make changes from where they sit? What changes should they make? In what order?

It has to start somewhere within the company, or you are right -- bye-bye Dell.

More importantly, the customer has to keep at it. The customer can't give up.

Of course, that's a whole lot easier to write than to do.

How about starting a CC Group here in the Community? Customer Committee. Somehow voted on as being representatives. Just an idea. Gotta offer solutions, right? Complaining is only the first step. Offering some good advice is the next. But what advice is good? We need a Ralph Nader Dell type here. Fix my Ford Pinto!

2 Posts

November 30th, 2009 10:00

What is scary is that probably users are the only people listening since I think finding someone in charge that cares seems impossible. If anyone finds one willing to talk to customers please share.

3 Posts

January 3rd, 2010 13:00

Their chat "help" is putrid.  They are kissass dolts who have aparently been told to push for some fee based service and not help with a thing.  I've had a few questions about different minor, yet important, problems and I might as well be on a horseback riding site, Dell.com is horribly laid out and impossible to use.  Ugh

No Events found!