Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 22nd, 2009 16:00

V305w keeps jamming

I have a v305 printer & when i try to print anything, it seems like it only is pulling the paper in from one side, which causes the jam. although, the printer is not even recognizing the paper at all & keeps saying to load paper. nothing prints.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 22nd, 2009 18:00

plz_hlp,

Print roller and Jam problems

Rick

2 Posts

February 22nd, 2009 19:00

thanks rick, but it didn't seem to work, it is a new printer, & i can't imagine that its broken already, but it seems to only be threading the paper on one side.it then jams and then proceeds to ask for paper. do u have any other suggestions?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 23rd, 2009 00:00

plz_hlp,

I can help you install the printer and you can see if it works. Since you stated that it is new, I would return it for a replacement.

Disconnect your printer.

Un-install your printer.

Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers.

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit Drivers

64-bit Drivers

All other drivers

Update the firmware in your wireless router. Manufacturer's website, make & Model needed.

Broadcast SSID(You may want to change this to make it easier to connect)

Use WPA-PSK(TKIP) Security(WPA Personal). Most wireless devices work best with this type of security.

Mixed b and g mode(n if available)

Use channels 1, 6 or 11. Most devices work better on these channels.

Save and exit. Power everything off for 30 seconds. Power everything back on, wait 30 seconds, now try to connect.

How Do I Connect a Dell™ Wireless Printer to a Wireless Network

Choose your printer. Beneath your printer, select your operating system. You'll be redirected to another page. Then click on show all steps. It will walk you through the installation process.

Update list of applications to send scans to

Rick

March 7th, 2009 21:00

I have this very same error. I got my printer on 2/20, and used it today to print, and same thing - pulls paper in from 1 side then jams.

:emotion-6:

No Events found!