Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 4th, 2020 12:00

VERY old community account inaccessible

I realized that years ago I posted personal information in a support forum.  I want to delete the information; however, I can't access the account.  When I created the account, the usernames were NOT email addresses; now they are.  When I try to log in, it forces me to enter a full email address.

I have tried entering the email address that I gave when creating the account, but that I'm still not able to log in.

I have also tried to reset my password by giving the email address; however, the email service is defunct so I can't access those emails.

Options:

Might an administrator edit the post for me?  I can privately link to it.

If not, should I request the account be deleted (as shown in the wiki); will this delete all posts from that account?

Thanks

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

February 5th, 2020 07:00

What is the old username? Without stating out here, what "kind" of personal information do you want us to remove? Send me the link. Since you cannot log into the old account, we do not need to delete the account. Doing so would remove the old posts.

3 Posts

February 4th, 2020 12:00

I have noticed that some (all?) posts have an accessible revision history.  If my personal information is removed from the post, will a revision history be created thus making it still accessible?

Thank you.

3 Posts

February 5th, 2020 08:00

Thank you for your help.  I've sent a private message with the information you've requested.

No Events found!