Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 19th, 2012 22:00

Very disappointed with Dell...

I am submitting this post again since the first one was deleted for violations of posts rules. 

In Late May I purchased 2 laptops for my teenage kids, 17 & 15. After 45 days my sons laptop screen has a circle of pixels out. I called Dell and talked to the service person, we go over the problem and he says that it is covered under warranty and to send it in when we receive the box. We sent it to Houston, Texas and today we get a call from India saying that it's out of warranty, they say Best Buy had it in February... out of warranty. I informed the repair department that I purchased them in May 2012... then ask to speak to a Supervisor. The Supervisor says it doesn't matter... February or May, the LCD is damaged by impact! I told him this is not correct because my son NEVER took the laptop out of his room and NEVER off his desk. He is very meticulous about his Xbox, TV, Laptop.... his room. I ask to talk to a Supervisor in the USA and he said I could not. Would not even give me a phone number in the USA to speak with someone, he said "I'm it".

I requested to speak to the repair depot in Houston that I shipped the laptop to  and ask how they determined that it was not a defect and was a "impact" damaged laptop. He basically told me you have to deal with me, $350 + tax to replace the LCD (I paid $399 at Best Buy for each laptop). I then asked for a quote describing the finding and covering the costs and repair. He said they can not do this... I just need to pay. I told him If he won't give me a USA number, how can I pay? He said I have to pay through INDIA. I told him I want to speak to his manager, he again said "I the top person" then he hung up on me. I'm very dissatisfied with support and customer service from this company. After I purchased TWO laptops from them.

I would like Dell to be accountable to it customers, and honor its warranty. So, can any of you contact or talk to someone in the United States? Do I need to drive to Austin and go to corporate headquarters just to talk to someone here? Why can't I get a report from the tech that diagnosed my laptop? I tried to call customer service to complain and guess what.... routed to India and the same call center. Looks like I will have to replace the LCD myself ($79 online) . Please, I feel like I'm getting ripped off? By the way, I work in IT at the University of Texas and I know a little bit about Dell computers! I don't mean to be disrespectful, I just want honest treatment for a new product that does not work and is faulty. Could someone from Dell in the United States please contact me?

2.3K Posts

July 20th, 2012 00:00

I will contact a moderator, who may be able to help you.

July 20th, 2012 07:00

Thank you Teddi, I really don't mean to be disrespectful... I'm just very frustrated. Thank you for your response!

2.3K Posts

July 20th, 2012 08:00

Hi vidkid,

I didn`t take it as disrespectful, just needing help and frustrated. Hopefully the moderator will be able to help you.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

July 20th, 2012 09:00

Hi, my name is Lorna, and I work for Dell. I sincerely apologize for any frustration you may have been caused with regard to your son's LCD.  Your correspondence makes it clear that your experience was extremely disappointing. While I realize that only our future service opportunities can restore your confidence in us completely, I want to assure you that our success has arisen from our ability to meet our customers' needs consistently, and Dell always aims to provide a computer experience that is both satisfying and enjoyable.

Please contact me privately by clicking on my name in blue. On the next page, click the envelope icon and provide your order # and contact information so I may access your account records. I look forward to your reply.

No Events found!