Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 25th, 2010 21:00

Where is the Vostro 3500 User Manual?

Hi.

I have just purchased a Vostro 3500 Laptop.

The only documentation which appears to be available is the Service Manual and the Setup and Features Information Tech Sheet (2 pages) available at:

http://supportapj.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/vos3500/en/index.htm

I don't want to pull it apart, I just want to know how to use some of the features, and can't believe that Dell would release a product without a User Manual.

Help, please?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 25th, 2010 21:00

taisapi,

Maybe this is what you're looking for.

Rick

3 Posts

August 25th, 2010 22:00

Hi Rick.

Did you see a User Manual on that page?

Regards,

9.4K Posts

August 26th, 2010 07:00

Taisapi,

Sorry, but there isn't a user manual for that particular product.  The only manuals Dell provides are the ones you mentioned already.

If you have a particular issue about your 3500, there are experts and users available on the Laptop Forum that can answer your questions.  Also, you might try looking at the user manual for other Vostro Laptops to see if the features you are looking for are described in them.

Thanks.

Regards,
Robert

3 Posts

August 26th, 2010 19:00

Robert.

Thanks for bothering to reply.  It is more than Support did, after lodging a specific support request online.

For the last five years, I have  bought Dell computer products, and recommended them to my customers.

After this last purchase - no more. To summarise my opinions on  my latest experience:

1.  Bait & Switch "Special Deals" advertising tactics

2. Wrong (higher) prices from salesman

3. Wrong product supplied (Wrong OS installed)

4. Bad advice from Support when asked about (3)

5. No response from Support

6. No/poor documentation for purchased product

Please forgive the brevity here - I'm trying to run a business too, and I've wasted too much time already on salvaging this purchase .

7 Posts

January 29th, 2011 05:00

Totally agree - my experience with Dell ordering, support, etc has been a nightmare. Never again. Toshiba was heaven compared to this.

9.4K Posts

January 31st, 2011 09:00

Marty22,

Sorry you are having problems with your experience.  If you will contact me privately, I'd be happy to see what I can do to assist.  Click on my name in blue, then on the next page, click on the envelope icon that says "send message".  Thanks.

Regards,
Robert

No Events found!