Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 22nd, 2011 11:00

Worst service I have had!!!

I have been lied to hung up on and transferred to countless departments that got me nowhere! This is all due to being told something would be delivered on a date and then a week later being told it is now delayed and will be another 8 days. I Even went as far as try and order something more expensive so it would get to me in time. I have tried everything I can think of. At this point I really am going to have to think about doing business with DELL ever again!!

Side note: I have sold millions in Dell hardware to Federal , State, and local governments for years. I have never dealt with there customer service side of there business before and don't know how anyone would ever deal with this again!

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

December 22nd, 2011 12:00

First, I am not a Dell employee.

There is a major issue with hard drives due to the flooding in Thailand.  It is affecting all vendors and not just Dell.  As Dell's are built to order, depending on the specific hardware there can be hard drive shortages that are affecting some models.  I'm not defending Dell or anyone, just noting that there is a real hard drive shortage and they should probably tell customers that there is or will be a delay.   One of the other forum "Rock Star's" made a good point, if you need it now, check with a retail computer outlet (assuming what you want is not a custom build) and buy it from retail stock. 

I am a retired Federal Government LAN/WAN Network and Hardware Help Desk Manager (I was a regional manager for 23 years).  I've seen shipments delayed from US manufacturers, including "big blue",  when all the components were made in the US.  I've also seen vendors give impossible delivery dates.  GSA Schedule orders weren't any better at times. 

No Events found!