Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 8th, 2010 23:00

buy used laptop

i have a chance to buy a used dell c610 laptop

windows xp on it 1gig of ram 40gb harddrive

is this a decent laptop? what can anyone tell me about this computer?

i am not computer smart but wanting to be and just need someone to

help me out here. please

4.4K Posts

February 9th, 2010 02:00

The Latitude line of laptops was designed primarily for business users, and is very popular.  This model is not current, but a Google search reveals lots of information that you may find helpful.  I wouldn't pay more than a couple hundred (at most), but if the laptop works well, you may find it to be fine for general purpose computing.  Presuming it is several years old you may need a new battery (not cheap) before long. Run the Google search and best of luck.

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

February 9th, 2010 06:00

what "info" are you looking for?

europa303 is right in that a brand new battery for that laptop will cost you at least $50.

I personally wouldn't pay more than $150 for the laptop you are describing

A brand new Dell netbook can sometimes be bought for about $200 and it would come with a brand new working battery

take a look at Delloutlet.com for scratch and dent models or at the laptops at DFSDirectSales.com; the latter is also Dell; it sells older laptops that Dell got back from lease

ts for the help but when i googled it didnt give me a whole lot of info guess i will just keep checking around.

thanks again for your responce

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

Its old and would work ok but Its not for games or anything modern.

This is a Pentium 3m System and uses PC133 SDRAM.

Very Slow by todays standards.

I would call this a $99 laptop if that.

You can Get Better Laptops in the $300 range that are 2 to 5 times faster and more useable Pentium4 Class.

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

I would call this a $99 laptop if that.

May be so, but you will not find it priced like that on eBay or Craigslist which is where the OP probably found this laptop for sale.

No Events found!