Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 8th, 2015 00:00

dell external hard disk

Firstly dell dont care about customer data.
I have purchased Dell 1tb external hard disk in 2013 with stops working in November 2014 with out any physical damage.
Dell replaced 1tb external hard disk which too has stopped working in June 2015.
After lot of fight dell customer care told me fact about dell external hard disk.
Fact is that in replacement they provide hard disk which came for repairing in dell in simple way as replacement they give 2nd hard disk to customer.
Also they dont provide any refund of it.
I have lost 1tb data twice so pathetic service of dell. I never faced such service in my whole life.
Therefore I suggest you not to purchase any of dell product as I suffered twice I dont want anyone to suffer what i suffered.

they are simply fooling customers by giving 2nd hand repaired hard disk as replacement.

9.4K Posts

June 8th, 2015 06:00

Hi Neerajedo,

Thanks for posting.

Using any type of physical drive, usb key, hard disk or even a solid state drive to backup your data, while is a good idea, is not immune to failures. 

Dell offers a Backup and Recovery solution that may be suited to what you're needing. The data is stored on secure servers and can be accessed when you need it.

If the external disk was purchased in 2013, it came with either a 90 day or 1 year manufacturers warranty,and it appears that yours was replaced under warranty.  The terms of the warranty specify we can offer refurbished products for replacement.

Regards,
Robert

5 Posts

June 8th, 2015 09:00

Dear Robert

Thank you for your valuable response.

I do believe that I can keep my data online in server provided by dell, but there is my personal data which I cannot lose it at any cost or I cannot save it on any cloud based service that’s why I purchased Dell 1Tb hard disk.

I would also like to tell you that I am dell customer since 2008 and that’s the reason why I have opted to choose dell brand out of many brands.

Well this is my issue no. 31530001 registered in dell India customer support.

I talked to them on this matter,  they were very rough on responding me as well as they were not serious on providing any type of troubleshooting or repairing of my hard disk.

As old customer its humble request to you from my side that please ask them to recover my old data and give it back to me. At this stage I don’t need any more Dell external hard disk, I only want my data. I hope you understand my problem and I will be grateful to you if you come in between for help.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks,

Neeraj Deode

5 Posts

June 8th, 2015 09:00

Hi Robert,

I forgot to mention that I have got 2 years warranty over it so its still under warranty there is no favor did by Dell towards me :)

Thanks,

Neeraj

9.4K Posts

June 8th, 2015 12:00

Hi Neeraj,

While I do understand your issue, unfortunately there is nothing Dell can do since the warranty has expired. Dell is not responsible for your data. 

Per the Consumer Terms of Sale #8:

http://www.dell.com/learn/us/en/uscorp1/terms-of-sale-consumer?c=us&l=en&s=corp&cs=uscorp1

It is your responsibility to back up all existing data, software and programs before receiving services or support (including telephone support). Dell and/or your third-party service provider will have no liability for loss or recovery of data, programs or loss of use of system (S) arising out of the services or support or any act or omission, including negligence, by Dell or your-third-party service provider.

Regards,
Robert

5 Posts

June 8th, 2015 13:00

Hi Robert,

Thanks again for your response. So sorry I forgot to mention in post that there is 2 year warranty over hard disk (which i mentioned in just next post)  which means its still under warranty.

As I can understand that Dell is not responsible for customers data I would like to hear answers of my few questions they are

1) As I lost my data twice without any mistake from my side, Do I have right to get my money back as there is no damage made from my side?

2)If Dell provide replacement of my Hard Disk, What are the reason for me to trust Dell brand again for using their product?

3) Being an old customer of Dell, How important is my feedback for you?

4) If you cant do anything in this matter, Is this the way Dell provide customer satisfaction ? 

Waiting for reply.

Thanks,

Neeraj

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

June 8th, 2015 15:00

Dell External Hard Drives are essentially Seagate External Hard Drives sold by Dell. Hard Drives are mechanical and fail all the time which is why its never advisable to rely only on one. I would advise you to use 2 or 3.

Attempt data recovery (to another external hard drive) using Fedora:

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/data-recovery-using-fedora/

5 Posts

June 8th, 2015 20:00

Hi NATAKUC4,

Dell external hard disk is not detecting that is the problem otherwise I would have surely gone for the data recovery and secondly this is not the answer of my questions.

Hoping to get answers of my questions asked in 2nd last post by me.

Thanks,

Neeraj Deode

9.4K Posts

June 9th, 2015 05:00

Hi Robert,

Thanks again for your response. So sorry I forgot to mention in post that there is 2 year warranty over hard disk (which i mentioned in just next post)  which means its still under warranty.

As I can understand that Dell is not responsible for customers data I would like to hear answers of my few questions they are

1) As I lost my data twice without any mistake from my side, Do I have right to get my money back as there is no damage made from my side?   As was explained above, no.

2)If Dell provide replacement of my Hard Disk, What are the reason for me to trust Dell brand again for using their product?   If you are out of warranty Dell is not obligated to replace your Hard Disk.  Hard Disks are NOT built by Dell.

3) Being an old customer of Dell, How important is my feedback for you?  We value your feedback very much and will relay your concerns to the vendors that build hard drives.  Thanks.

4) If you cant do anything in this matter, Is this the way Dell provide customer satisfaction ?   Dell has provided customer satisfaction by replacing the drive under warranty.  Once the warranty expires, there is nothing more that can be done without charging a fee. 

Waiting for reply.

Thanks,

Neeraj

No Events found!