Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 29th, 2009 18:00

hi

i have a problem with my audio . it's service is not running. in the desktop icon of speakers there is a red cross mark and also i get a pop messege that whether u need to enable ur audio service . in that in playback device it says no audio device has been installed. but in sound the speakers and headphones are workng properly. i dunno how to resolve this problem. i'm using dell inspiron 1525. i also dunno to find if my sound card has been installed properly.

16 Posts

May 29th, 2009 19:00

You might try reinstalling the driver. Go to http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?os=WV64&osl=EN&catid=-1&impid=-1&hidos=WW1&hidlang=en&TabIndex=&SystemID=INS_PNT_PM_1525 you will have to pick your operating system and open the + sign beside audio. Click on the Sigmatel driver and it will take you to the download page with instructions on how to install. If you reinstall the driver and it shows up under playback devices but you still get no sound, make sure speakers/headphones is chosen not line out, unless you have external speakers. Good luck.

No Events found!