Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

November 22nd, 2008 19:00

printer 948 shows Paper jam but there is no jam.

[:'(]I have an AIO948.  Using a D531 computer with Vista 32 bit.  the printer display reports a paper jam.  Display reads "Clear paper jam, then press" 'the check mark symbol button'

I press the button, nothing happens.  there is no jam.  I checked all the recommended places, I unplugged the printer from the outlet and the printer, and I unplugged the USB cable.  Nothing has worked.  How do I clear the display so that i can get back to printing.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 23rd, 2008 02:00

Disconnect all cables to printer. Remove the power brick from the printer. Hold it upside down and shake it real hard for 30 seconds. this will clear anything stuck inside the printer. Also try using a vacuum cleaner and clean it out.

Rick

2 Posts

December 31st, 2009 16:00

I am having the same problem... I tried these things but it still will not clear the message. Anything else I should try?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 31st, 2009 16:00

Kane72,

Look where the paper leaves the tray and make sure the switch is not stuck.

Unplugging the cord from the wall and removing the power brick for 60 seconds resets any error messages the printer is getting.

Rick

1 Message

January 28th, 2010 11:00

I have the same problem and have tried all the above (remove power block, vacuum, shake) to no avail.  Any other way to reset or where to check the sensors causing the error message?

No Events found!