Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 3rd, 2009 06:00

xps "In production" what is the normal build time?

I ordered my XPS 630 on December 26th 2008. The computer is still in production, is this normal or are they closed to production during the New Years Eve/Day holidays? I went into a chat and they said that department was open, but nothing seems to be happening. Am I just being ancy, or do I have a long road ahead of me?!

January 3rd, 2009 07:00

Thanks for the quick response! I have ordered at least 4 Dells. The laptops take forever, the Outlet computers are already built and tested so they are quick. New desktops are a "when u get it u get it"......I was hoping to hear some good news, but the truth hurts!

933 Posts

January 3rd, 2009 07:00

I ordered A min laptop, on the 17th of Dec ,stayed in production until Dec 27, Fed ex picked it up

didn't hear another word until Dec 29th shipped, expect del Jan 2 that was it Come Jan 2. I get the whole info

and then it said out for delivery. weired isn't it ,Either they are short on help or they just don't care like they used

to. I didn't dare call them on it . It takes too long to get to the right party and when you do ,you forgot what you called about

I learn a long time ago ,When you order from Dell, it gets here when it gets here....

Bob Moyer

8 Posts

January 6th, 2009 21:00

I ordered an xps 420 on december 2nd and i'm here ....still waiting... after reading 3 email telling me there will be a delay.
In production since december 10.

So if you want a dell , be patient ...that's what I learned

January 7th, 2009 15:00

I ordered mine (730x) on the 26th and it shipped on 4th and is supposed to arrive on the 8th.

17 Posts

January 7th, 2009 15:00

I believe their factory closed during the holiday session as I ordered my studio VPS on Dec26 too. From the time I ordered I receive none email confirming I had or haven't got the order... all the way untill Jan02'2009. The email wrote about they received my order and would be put in production in next 48hrs. And so far my order didn't change to "production" yet.

I am going to wait for another 3 days, if my order status didn't change anything. I would cancel my order.

17 Posts

January 7th, 2009 16:00

Well I live in Canada and I order the studio xps, my order no is 2528**** , what's your order no? I only need the first 4 to understand how long does Dell take to ship a computer...

8 Posts

January 7th, 2009 23:00

Well I live in Canada and I order the studio xps, my order no is 2528**** , what's your order no? I only need the first 4 to understand how long does Dell take to ship a computer...

Mine is 2486****

January 8th, 2009 21:00

mine began with a 5 but it got damaged during shipping so you will get yours before me now.

17 Posts

January 9th, 2009 00:00

Another Good or Not so good news... I received the "in production and regret to delay" email today...

Dec26 Shop online at Dell

Jan 02 Order received

Jan 08 in production and delay

Jan 21.. the day they expect the computer will ship

8 Posts

January 9th, 2009 09:00

and this don't mean they will ship it that day.

I was supposed to get it on jan 7.

6 Posts

January 16th, 2009 08:00

I ordered the XPS M1530 on January 10, and at first got a ship date of 1-16-09. Then, had to slightly change my order an hour later, they required I cancel the first order, then got a ship date of 1-26-09....10 DAYS LATER!  This has resulted in me calling customer service 4 times, and each time I get the runaround.  No one at Dell seems to be able to talk to anyone else, and they can't find out what the problem is.

Dell needs significant restructuring to provide better customer service. At this time, it is very poor, very frustrating and slow.

15 Posts

January 20th, 2009 12:00

I ordered an XPS 430 on the 14th of January and have a ship date of 3 February. It's been in production since the 16th of January. I keep hoping it will go to the delivery phase soon. Maybe tomorrow? I do hope so.

Maybe I'll use some magic. A spell or something. :emotion-4:

2 Posts

January 20th, 2009 12:00

I ordered my XPS M1530 on Jan. 4th and have a ship date of Jan 26th right now.  I keep checking my Dell.com account for the order status, hoping it does not delay.  I have not heard anything from Dell as yet.  I recently bought a new Dell XPS 420 desktop and received it in very short time.  I am trying to stay positive about the ship date for this new laptop.  Kinda seems like Dell is going the way of AT&T.  They are getting too big and losing focus on personal customer service.  My husband just bought a new HP laptop and he received his in less than 10 days.  Needless to say, he is rubbing it in.  I have been loyal to Dell and really hope they come through for me. 

15 Posts

January 21st, 2009 00:00

I viewed my Order Status page this morning and saw that it was now out of production and in the delivery phase (phase 5). That's great. It must have been the magic...

2 Posts

January 27th, 2009 06:00

Have you actually received your system yet?  If so, congrats!  I received an email yesterday for delayed shipping on my XPS 420 that was ordered back on Jan.4-5. Original ship date was Jan. 26.  I guess I was being too optimistic.  Hopefully It will show up next week.

No Events found!