Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 2nd, 2017 19:00

Is this okay to do?

Hi,

I'm not sure if my company is asking me to do something illegal or unethical. Any advice would be much appreciated. I have worked in RTV (return to vendor) department for ten years and never came across this until recently. We started making bids on other companies rejects. For example...Lets take Office Depot. When a customer brings a product back for any reason and Office Depot can't do anything with. The will collect a pallet of these defects and place them up for bid on the web. Companies make bids on this pallet. Whoever has the highest  bid wins. My company has won many bids. They are provide with an invoice of these items and on each one we agree to buy as is. I have been instructed by management to call Dell and set up repair process even though we bought these as "as is". I was told not to tell them that we had purchased the units as is. If a tech ask for proof of purchase just hang up and try another tech because very few techs ask for proof of purchase when we call since we have be doing business with them for a long time.

Is what being asked of me legal or unethical? So far Dell has repaired about 50,000.00 worth of "as is" stuff. Who can I speak with at Dell about this? I tried contacting them but only end up with someone overseas that doesn't speak good English and doesn't understand what I am sayings.

9.4K Posts

July 7th, 2017 05:00

Thank you for your private message.  I've received it and responded.  We can continue our conversation there privately.  Thanks.

2.3K Posts

July 4th, 2017 18:00

Hi ben641964,

Some one will be contacting you on here. Give them a few days as we are having a holiday.

9.4K Posts

July 5th, 2017 05:00

Hi ben641964,

Thanks for posting.

We will need some additional information.  Please contact me privately by clicking my username and on the next page click the link in the upper right corner that says "send private message" and we'll be able to communicate with you there.  Thanks.

Regards,
Robert

July 6th, 2017 01:00

Interesting!! Well done!! Good job and information!! Thanks!!

6 Posts

July 6th, 2017 13:00

I sent you a private message yesterday not sure if you received it. What else do you need?

No Events found!