Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 26th, 2016 11:00

(Redirected) Need phone number or email to complain to upper management

Over the past 2 months, Dell support staff has wasted over 23 hours of my time by leaving me on hold, transferring my calls back and forth to the same department, running the same diagnostics over and over again, and hanging up on me without calling back. I have also had multiple emails be ignored or returned undelivered. It appears that no one has the common sense to recognize when a problem exists or the incentive to the resolve the issue. Customer Service (for Dell) amounts to nothing more than verbal apologies without any real attempt at resolution.

I feel strongly that upper management should be aware of this lack of effective customer support if Dell is to hold on to its rapidly declining reputation for quality and support.

I had initially sent my fully functioning laptop in for a power cord issue, and received back a laptop that automatically shuts down when the lid is closed, regardless of computer settings. One representative "fixed" the problem by setting my computer to be always on, which eliminated the shutting down issue, but gave me the new problem of having to be constantly plugged in since my battery drained so rapidly. Multiple other representatives spent 1-3 hours running the same diagnostics and installing the same drivers as those before them which leads me to believe that they were not documenting their actions properly, or they were hoping I would get so fed up that I would give up and stop calling back.

After about 15 hours of this, I finally demanded that they send me a box to address the obvious hardware issues with my system. It saddens me that to reach this point, I had to resort to raising my voice as being polite had led to a large waste of my time. I sent in my computer on April 5th, and I still have not received it back. I was verbally informed I would receive it by the 18th which is what I conveyed to my manager. On April 18th I was sent an emailing saying the part had been back-ordered which meant there was no way my computer would have made it back to me by that date as they were only just getting to it. As I was unable to inform her I would need more time off since I received the email about the delay when I expected my computer to be arriving, I was unable to make alternate arrangements, and I lost my job.

Additionally, I am a student, and when this ordeal began, I was in the last month of my education. I needed my computer for assignments and my thesis, and rather than working with me, Dell also wasted time I needed to dedicate to these things. 

I called in once again this past Friday, and after an hour of being transferred and trying to explain my situation, my case was only escalated and the repairs expedited when I threatened to reach out to upper management (my question for escalation was literally ignored by the representative twice before I stated that.) The agent was scheduled to call me at 4, so I missed class in order to be available for the call. He called 2.5 hours later without so much as an apology. After some pushing on my part, he promised to escalate the issue higher and told me I would be contacted in 24-48 hours to set up a call. I received no contact, and after sending a follow up email to him 4 days later, did not receive a response.

I am not unreasonable, and I do not blame Dell for a part backorder. But the amount of time I have spent, the loss of my job, and the general unhelpfulness of the tech and customer support representatives has been utterly shocking to me. It truly seems like Dell does not care about its customers at all, and feels impervious to any negative experiences because the path to addressing them is so convoluted that most people will give up rather than go down it.

If anyone can offer information on directly contacting someone in management I would appreciate this information.

Sincerely, 

Aishwarya Vijayan

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

April 26th, 2016 14:00

Best to post this thread in the Customer Care Forum, here:

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/customercare/f/4674.aspx

Bev.

No Events found!