Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 25th, 2015 20:00

(Redirected) Serious Issues with Inspiron 15, 7000 series

I purchased an Inspiron 15, 7548 at the end of May 2015. I bought it to use for work and college classes and purchased Adobe PhotoShop Elements and CorelDraw 7x software (after PhotoShop didn't work)for photo editing. The screen resolution is so high that I cannot even see the buttons in either program, Windows Picture Viewer, and many other programs. They show up in and 1"x 2" square in the center of the screen). I can decrease the screen resolution with less than desirable results. The laptop also locks up randomly and has to be hard reset to work again. There is also a major lag in typing in Word 2013, Facebook, Tumblr & Pinterest. I've spent 8+ hours trying to get some kind of resolution with all the issues only to be told by Dell support that it's past the 30 day return period and there's nothing they can do to help me. I'm only trying to get this fixed, replaced or repaired (at this point, I would like my money back). I cannot speak with anyone in the US (not Dell's policy) and don't know where to turn. I've started documenting (pictures and videos) the many issues that keep appearing daily. Tech Support tells me the issue with the hi res screen is a known issue and they are sorry but there is no fixes or patches. I even took time off work and drove to their Plano, TX location to try and get ANY kind of help. No luck there. I work in IT and even had several of our techs look at it, both saying there are problems with the laptop.

Does anyone know who I can speak with (a person in the US would be nice as I've been very disrespected by the India support person I spoke with last) or where I can take the laptop to show someone with Dell what is happening with it? I'm at a loss here. I'm a single working mom that lives paycheck to paycheck and spent over $1500 on this laptop and software that I cannot use. I own a very expensive paper weight right now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2.3K Posts

August 25th, 2015 20:00

Hi jbills8778,

Please repost this in the laptop forum for help with your problems. We have some great people that can help you.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518

No Events found!