Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 10th, 2016 06:00

Memory upgrade on PowerEdge R210

We would like to upgrade our memory on two PowerEdge R210. We did buy different memorys an at least some DELL Memory Module Upgrade SNPYWJTRC/4G, but no other memory than the original won't work into this two PE. We did upgrade the Bios, LifeCycle Controller etc. but without sucess. If we place new memorys the server is starting until the DELL logo und restarts again and again until the DELL logo.

What kind of memory do we need on this server for an upgrade to 16GB?

• 

8.8K Posts

May 10th, 2016 09:00

Andy.Felber,

The R210 will not support those dimms. While they are supported on the R210 II, they are not supported in the R210. The reason being is that the R210 won't support 1600Mhz dimms, only the 1333mhz and lower.

To populate with a 4gb dimms, you would need to go with part number T192H, which is supported in the R210.

Let me know if this helps clarify things

May 19th, 2016 07:00

Hi Chris,

Many thanks for your answer. I have forwarded it to our local DELL reseller.

We have now received SNP96MCTC/8G Memory module who should work after discussion between our local partner and DELL. They don't work in our R210! The system is freezing at startup on the DELL Logo. If I disable memory check on BIOS the server does start until the system is loading. We can see the right amaount of memory on BIOS but it semms to be a problem for the system to use this.

Are there any other setting for memory we should check?

I have updatet our R210 to the latest BIOS revision (1.10.0) and Lifecycle Controller etc.

Regards

Andy

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 8th, 2016 08:00

Sorry for the late response to you issue. I also presume that you might have figured it out.The R210 server does not support 8GB memory modules. For the SNP96MCTC/8GB Memory module, see the compatibility list on this link:

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

Consider using part number T192H for 4GB modules as advised by Chris. You may also use any of either part number XKDWV or R329H.

No Events found!