Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

W

February 28th, 2018 15:00

Connection Profile Test issues for T410

Hi guys,

Running VMWare Vcenter 6.0 with an ESX 5.5 Dell T410 host.  I originally had the OpenManage 7.4.0 VIB installed which I needed to update, so I downloaded version 8.4.0 which is the latest for the T410.  I'm using the OpenManage virtual appliance version 4.0.1 and then I try to test the connection profile for the host, it passes the Host Credentials test but fails the iDRAC Credentials test? I updated the iDRAC to the latest firmware and the IP being used for the iDRAC is on another subnet but the same VLAN.  SSH'ing into the Host and VC, I can ping the iDRAC IP no dramas at all however it looks like for some reason it fails to retrieve the IP address.

Upon searching the forums, I've read up that sometimes adding the DNS name to the ILO can fix it.  I added the DNS hostname and set the domain then reset the iDRAC.  Unfortunately still no luck with the profile connection test.  This one has really stumped me! 

Screen Shot 2018-03-01 at 9.10.24 am.png

• 

8.7K Posts

February 28th, 2018 16:00

Hi,

Can you private message me the service tag so we can get some additional system information?

What version of ESXi are you using? Is it an iDRAC express or enterprise?

• 

8.7K Posts

March 1st, 2018 08:00

Is it an iDRAC express or enterprise? Is it just this one server or are other servers having the same issue?

March 8th, 2018 14:00

Hi Josh, apologies for the delay - it's the iDRAC6 express.  This is the only Dell server that the customer owns so we can't test it on other servers.

Cheers

No Events found!