Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

2 Posts

January 3rd, 2019 08:00

OMIVV 4.3 no integration with VCSA 6.7 U1

I deployed the latest version of OMIVV 4.3 to a new VCenter build. Registered the appliance without a problem, but no integration icon shows up in the Flex client. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Nic

• 

8.7K Posts

January 3rd, 2019 17:00

Hi,

Page 26 https://topics-cdn.dell.com/pdf/openmanage-integration-vmware-vcenter-v43_users-guide_en-us.pdf

1 From the vSphere web client Home, click vCenter. 2 In Inventory Lists, click Virtual Machines, and then select the OMIVV virtual appliance. 3 Perform one of the following steps: • In the Object tab, select Action → Open Console. • Right-click the virtual machine that you selected and select Open Console. Next step After opening the virtual machine console and providing the credentials

2 Posts

January 4th, 2019 08:00

Hi, 

the appliance is already configured; I log in, add a vcenter and it successfully connects. But after logging into the Vcenter flex client there is no integration icon.

Thanks, 

• 

8.7K Posts

January 4th, 2019 10:00

Can you post a screenshot? Does it work in the web client?

32 Posts

January 11th, 2019 06:00

Hi,

I have the same issue. The icon does not appear in the Web-client as well. I also see that the number of Host-Connection licenses in the OMIVV is not used. The vCenter-Licence is used.

I also restarted the VCAS and the OMIVV with no success.

BR

32 Posts

January 11th, 2019 06:00

A little extension: I can see the Icon in the Flex-Client but the App itself has a couple of issues like wrong Label of Buttons, "null" as Menu-Entry and other stuff. I started an inventory there hoping this makes the Icon appear in the Web-Client. No success. I even do not see the Information of the hosts in the Overview.

32 Posts

January 11th, 2019 07:00

1 Last comment for today.

The FLEX-GUI throws 2 errors on startup and shows a couple of weird buttons in the OMIVV-Part but it seems to work now.

I still get nothing to see in the HTML5-GUI

32 Posts

January 11th, 2019 10:00

Okay. Still one more. And I found the answer! In this articel it is described: https://www.dell.com/support/article/de/de/debsdt1/sln311238/openmanage-integration-for-vmware-vcenter?lang=en Table 2 mentions that the OMIVV is only supported in the Flex-Client.

1 Message

January 14th, 2019 03:00

Same issue here,

we have two vCenter Server appliances.

One shows the plugin the other one does not.

The one that does show the plugin was 6.7 first with working plugin. And was then updated to 6.7 u1

The second vCenter was a direct upgrade from 6.5 to 6.7 u1.

Registering the vCenter works without any issues. I can see that the plugin is installed when I check the extension manager through https//vcenterapplianceIP/mob

But the plugin does not show up in vSphereClient (Flex)

3 Posts

March 8th, 2019 11:00

So is it confirmed that OMIVV does not work with 6.7U1? I am trying to install on 6.7U1 and get same issue. Go into Flex client it is not displayed. Check plug ins and it shows installed and enabled. 

3 Posts

April 10th, 2019 01:00

Hi,

We've just migrated one of our vCenter from 6.5U2 to 6.7U1 : no problem with the OMIVV plugin.

It's still here, still registered, still up and running:

• OMIVV 4.3.0.2814
  • VCSA 6.7.0 build 11727101

No Events found!