Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 8th, 2016 07:00

Vcenter Integration - Problem with iDRAC Enterprise on R710

Hi,

I'm trying to connect an R710 to my Vcenter Integration.

I've already connected a T610 without issue but with the r710 I can't connect to the iDRAC.

The plugin gets the correct IP for the iDRAC, I can see it from the logs.

Also, credentials are ok and tested, iDRAC is running on the dedicated NIC.

BIOS, iDRAC and Lifecycle Controller are at the latest version.

The OMSA Agent has been installed through VMWare Update Manager form the DELL repository

Connecting to the Openmanage appliance with readonly shows no errors on pinging both the host and the idrac using the ip address and the DNS name

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you

1 Rookie

• 

17 Posts

November 14th, 2016 08:00

2.40.40.40 also broke ours as well (R620's). Rolled back and it is working properly again. Eagerly awaiting a fix.

4 Operator

• 

1.9K Posts

November 15th, 2016 03:00

Same problem here!  Updating R620/R730 to 2.40.40 and OMIVV stops working.  I think in both cases we also install OMIVV 3.1 from scratch because it was a vSphere 5.x -> 6.0 upgrade and customer have 2.3 installed.

It looks like that OMIVV complains about not see a iDRAC Enterprise LIC but thats not the the true. A "reset" from withn the iDRAC GUI doesnt help. I havent tried  winrm yet but i dont see a difference there when speaking about a reset.

The LCC LOG doesnt show a login try or failure when running the connection test from OMIVV.

Regards
Joerg

12 Posts

Tried the new 2.41.40.40 released yesterday, but still no connection through DOMIVC :emotion-6:

12 Posts

What Version is your IDRAC? Everything equal and above 2.40.40.40 seems no longer to work with DOMIVC.

1 Rookie

• 

17 Posts

Tried the new 2.41.40.40 released yesterday, but still no connection through DOMIVC :emotion-6:

That's depressing :( Thanks for the update - saves the rest of us wasting our time trying this newer version out :)

• 

790 Posts

November 17th, 2016 05:00

Hey guys,

we did some testing here and found out that this is related to actual iDRAC firmware. A downgrade to 2.30.30.30 solved it in our test scenario.

We are working on a new iDRAC firmware version and will solve this issue with the next firmware release. But this may take several weeks to get released, no direct information / date available right now.

Please be patient till the new relaese is released in near future.

Cheers,
Stefan

12 Posts

November 30th, 2016 05:00

Hi,

after a bit of research I stumbled accross a KB Article from Dell. Short version: Problem is that the firmware versions from 2.40.40.40 upwards have the default SSL Security set to TLS 1.1. This is a problem for DOMIVC because DOMIVC only supports TLS 1.0. When you switch back security setting to TLS 1.0 in iDrac Webinterface (IDRAC Settings -> Network -> Services -> TLS-Protocol) on the updated iDRACs you can connect with DOMIVC again.

Stefan said the Problem would be fixed in next iDrac Firmware, I don't think that this will happen because of security concerns when Dell would switch back the default setting to TLS 1.0 again. I think we have to wait for an updated DOMIVC.

The above workaround is the fix unless an updated DOMIVC with TLS 1.1 support is released. But think of the security implications  (which you would also have when you switch back to firmware older than 2.40.40.40).

Best regrds,

Bjoern

4 Operator

• 

1.9K Posts

November 30th, 2016 07:00

Correct.

Regards
Joerg

4 Operator

• 

1.9K Posts

We apply 3.1.1.150 on a 3.1.0.134 installation for a customer and OMIVV was able to detect the iDRACs again :emotion-1:

Regards
Joerg

30 Posts

I'm trying it right now.  

So to be clear, you have a customer on 2.40.40.40 of iDRAC with SSL set to the highest version of TLS and they can connect from OMIVV to iDRAC with version 3.1.1.150 of OMIVV?

30 Posts

November 30th, 2016 09:00

I can verify that it did work.  I didn't change the TLS settings from the default.  Installed this new version of OMIVV.  Used it to upgrade iDRAC+Lifecycle on an M630 to 2.40.40.40.  It still works and communicates just fine. 

Thanks for the tip, Joerg.

12 Posts

December 1st, 2016 00:00

Thanky you Joerg. I have installed the hotfix and everything is working fine again. No tinkering with TLS settings on iDRAC needed.

The only thing I find kind of sad is that no one from Dell has shown us this opportunity. The hotfix seems available since November 24th. Would have spared me a few hours this week ...

Again many thanks to Joerg.

Best regards,

Bjoern

December 2nd, 2016 05:00

Hi,
The reason it isn't publicly available is that this patch is still in beta and is only distributed to customers that have a support ticket for this issue.

12 Posts

December 2nd, 2016 05:00

Hi,

ah ok, now I understand why this was not posted earlier. Thank you Martijn.

Best regards,

Bjoern

December 9th, 2016 08:00

All,

Apologies for the delay in communication in regards to this.  We've gotten the hotfix fully vetted, and it's now posted to the public \latest\ folder for an RPM update, or can be downloaded and applied via a local repository.

No Events found!