Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

August 14th, 2017 19:00

August 2017 MS Updates + 9030 Driver CAB = BSOD

Just wanted to leave a little note that the August Cumulative updates for Windows 10 (1607 and 1703) caused us to experience BSOD on our Dell AIO 9030 machines.

Using WinDbg I was able to identify that the Intel Wireless 7260 driver was responsible for the crashes.

The only thing I can think is that there were some security updates to the KMDF included in the August updates. Pair that with the fact that the Driver Catalog CAB provided by Dell included a really old wireless driver (from 2015) and the result was BSOD reporting:

BAD_POOL_HEADER (19)

Upgrading to the latest wireless driver directly from Intel version:

resolved the issues.

Hope this saves someone some time.

Since it's almost impossible to actually contact Dell support directly I'll just hope someone will swing by this thread, but the Driver CAB's are severely out of date for the 9030 AIO.

2 Posts

August 2nd, 2018 11:00

You, my friend, are an angel!!!

My colleague and I spent the most part of the day, rebuilding around 50 machines around 12 times with 12 different permutations and variations trying to figure out why everything was crashing.  This also affects the Latitude E5550 which has exactly the same wifi card.  The two completely different devices I built to threw me off the scent as I did not expect the hardware to have a common card and driver issue.

Updating the driver fixed it all. 

P.s the updated drivers from the Intel website do not import into a 2008 R2 WDS server - I thought they were not signed but actually, they are - they will however, only import into a 2012 WDS server.

Thanks so much

No Events found!