Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

3 Posts

May 16th, 2019 11:00

3060, no bootable device found

Hi, have new OptiPlex 3060. Tried to put different hd in to create image. No bootable deivice found. Tried to setup to use diff drive no file system

6 Professor

• 

7.4K Posts

May 16th, 2019 12:00

If you have 2 HDD's plugged in - Is the SATA port it's plugged into turned on in F2 BIOS?  Otherwise, you might have to turn on all SATA ports to find it.  It'll show what's plugged into the ports if any.  Then turn off SATA ports not in use.

Is your new HDD formatted?  With both drives plugged in and your OS loaded (whether you have Win7 or10) on homescreen:  Control Panel >.Administrative Tools> Computer Management  > Disk Management.  Your HDD should show on top of the screen and somewhere in the middle.  Right click on it to format it.  Use the easy and quick options.  NTFS format recommended vs. FAT - and that is a real abbreviation.  Whether it's an HDD or SSD, it needs formatting before use.

This doesn't mean I know for sure if you can have 2 HDD's plugged in.  It's not stated what size your 3060 is - MT, DT, SFF, USFF.  Please see photo.  Knowing the size speeds troubleshooting.

s-l300.jpg

May 21st, 2019 03:00

So you Your desktop/laptop says

"No bootable device found"

To Fix it 

go to bios using F2 When starting, Press "Add Boot option". if you cant click it, change the boot mode.

Tap the 3 points Behind File name

Select the file and add,

Press OK and enable this boot option.

If you followed this steps carefully it will work,

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

May 21st, 2019 10:00

3060 REQUIRES GPT UEFI BOOTING.

LEGACY MBR WILL NOT WORK.

30 Posts

April 19th, 2021 10:00

all of these answers below are good and you should try them all, but my problem was i built my own computer and it said the same thing, "No bootable devices found", and what fixed it was that windows 10 wasn't installed in my hard drive. so make sure your hard drive, (ssd or hdd), is up to date or has windows installed into it. if you want more info how to do it you can reply back and i can help you but check out all the other solutions first.

No Events found!