Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 14th, 2021 19:00

6 beeps and no display

so i was play minecraft today playing bedwars then the pc froze then i got a bsod saying memory dump this happened to me when i setted the pc again last time i tried to boot it up then i heard 5 / 6 beeps from the pc itself then there is no display i checked the monitor it was ok my graphics card is gt 210 palit edition, minecraft has 4gb allocated ram (my pc has 8gb ram), nothing is processed at the background, minecraft is only open anyone help?

im so scared if its the motherboard, or the processor

its ok if its gt 210 or memory ram becuz i can replace it

my os is windows 7

9 Legend

• 

11.7K Posts

try remove all system ram and install only one ram chip back to test.  possibly one or more ram is not good.  or borrow some good ram compatible with opti 980 to test.  I think ram is same as opti 780 ddr3 1333.

the pc is opti 980

May 15th, 2021 03:00

oh thanks i heard cleaning the ram pins with eraser makes the ram be fixed again, but thank you

77 Posts

May 15th, 2021 07:00

"Cleaning" RAM contacts with an eraser is good for nothing but increasing sales of new RAM modules. The modules are VERY sensite to electrostatic damage & rubbing the contacts with anything is almost certain to ruin the module.

Dirty contacts are very unlikely to be the cause of a working system suddenly failing though it is an issue with inserting new modules, especially into sockets which have been empty for some time & are therefore contaminated with dust etc. which inevitably works its way into all the nooks & crannies of a running system. The correct, safe way to avoid this is to blow the sockets clean with an air duster or better still contact cleaner aerosol.

Never, ever touch the contacts on a RAM module with anything other than the inside of an antistatic bag - handle them only by the edges and only then with an antistatic wrist strap after clipping the other end to an unpainted metal surface inside the chassis, which should be plugged in to ground it but switched off at the wall socket for safety.

Diagnose suspected bad RAM with a RAM testing program (memtest86) this will tell which bank(s) are faulty without having to remove any. Of course you will need the system to boot so the advice about temporarily removing all except one may help to get the system working at all.

No Events found!