• Asus GeForce GTX 1050ti OC LP 4GB GDDR5
  • 2x8GB 1600MHz DDR3 PC3-12800 240-pin
  • 128GB SSD & 320GB HDD

Motherboard specs:

• Dell Part Number: GXM1W, 0GXM1W
  • CPU Type Socket LGA 1155
  • Intel Q77 Chipset
  • Micro-ATX Form Factor

I read that the Q77 Chipsets also supports 3rd Gen Intel Core i7-3770K Quad Core CPU.
i7-3770K, the letter K standing for the option to overclock the CPU in the BIOS.
The problem is that it is impossible to change Base Clock rates (BCLK) or CPU Mutliplier due to none available options and/or locked options in the BIOS, because Dell doesn't want customers to do so.
I also read that Z77 Chiptsets support 3rd Gen Intel Core i7-3770K Quad Core CPU and can be overclocked in the BIOS.
My question: Is there any available Motherboard on the market, which fits in a Dell OptiPlex 7010 SFF and fits fine with the SFF case/connectors/plugs etc. with following specs:

• CPU Type Socket LGA 1155
  • Intel Z77 Chipset
  • Micro-ATX Form Factor

Best regards,

Koven

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

October 28th, 2018 16:00

No.

6 Professor

• 

7.4K Posts

October 28th, 2018 22:00

Dell is too proprietary.  Only Dell fits Dell.

April 21st, 2019 12:00

I would think that any itx 1155 motherboard should fit, you'll have to do some work to rewire the power switch, led and USB connectors (USB 3 will be OK as its standard plug). Bit late maybe but hopefully some help? I've actually done the opposite and fitted a 9010 motherboard (identical to a 7010) in a cooler master elite 120 itx case as I wanted a board with 4 memory slots, I have an I7 3770S fitted with 16GB of ram and a geforce 1050 ti 4GB... All working fine with an evga 430watt psu.

6 Posts

June 10th, 2019 23:00

Hi!

I have an Optiplex 7010 SFF and I want to remove the motherboard and all other components from its tiny chassis and install everything on an ATX case to work with a full size GPU.

I know that the 7010 SFF PSU is too weak to power that GPUs, but I want to use a different PSU with more wattage.

My question is about the screw holes on the motherboard and the PCI-E port. Are the screw holes compatible with another PC cases? The PCI-E has a power limit, but is this power limit for a non-powered GPU or can I use a powered GPU? I know I MUST use a PSU with enough power.

I have got different spare components like a Nvidia GTX 760, 2 PSU with 600w and 750w and an old ATX chassis. It will be a hard work to put all the sound card connectors, USB ports and power button to a standard PC case, I don't know if the cable connections will be compatible or I must rewire everything or even I will drill holes in the PC case...

It is a mad idea that I had thinking about during the last weekend when I saw the 7010 SFF laying sad on the ground...:Smile:

Hope you can help me.

Sorry for my english, it isn't my mother language.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

June 11th, 2019 04:00

The hole pattern is proprietary and the I/O panel is built into the case its not removable.

So while you might be able to do this its in no way easy.

6 Posts

June 11th, 2019 07:00

Thanks for your answer speedstep!!

So if I want to change the chassis I need to make my own I/O back panel and drill holes on the motherborad support. It is more work to do...

And, do you know if the PCI-E supports a powered GPU that it consumes above 50 watts? Cause if I can't use my GPU then I will park my idea. I know that i need a 700 w PSU to use my GPU and I belive that the motherboard connection is a standard PSU plug, so it's possible to use my old PSU.

Thanks in advance.

2.5K Posts

June 11th, 2019 08:00

why would anyone think SFF Is any kind of a standard in USA or even the world. it is not. (rimshot,)

why even go down the SFF Road at all?   there exist vast used mobo ATX and micro sold that are Far better.

even for $20 bucks.

this  PC is a business PC not gamers PC, so why would any business overclock any PC and risk there precious data doing a kids stunt like that?(let the gamer buy a gaming PC or build one and learn)

Google overclocking risk, and learn , OK?

ever heard of Alienware?  

you pay for the insurance hidden in the price, to overclock,  even intel charges more :OC., for the same reason

to cover the insurance cost for blown up chips./ there is no free lunch, here.

6 Posts

June 11th, 2019 08:00

Thanks for your answer savvy2.

We know that, but in my case I want to get a new life to a retired Optiplex using different spare parts that I have in my house. And if that old PC can be used to play games, to use 3D CAD programs or to use Photoshop and reduce electronic trash I will feel a little bit better. 

And we can take the older equipment to the límit to learn how it works and to share our knowledge.

Thanks again 

35 Posts

June 12th, 2019 10:00

Your best bet will be to find the Mini Tower (MT) size of the same model OptiPlex and move your parts in there.  So get a 7010 MT case, put your Motherboard in there and the power supply of your choice provided it's not too long to fit in the top of the case.

I had a similar project where I had a desktop 990 and put the MB in a MT 9020 case.  I wanted the 4 DIMM slots and the i7 of the 990 in a larger case.  I don't advise this as the front USB ports were a different orientation and I had to modify some things so I didn't lose any ports.  Just finding a 990 MT case would have saved a lot of time.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

June 13th, 2019 10:00

The UGLY but works method uses the power supply outside the case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNelL7OJe4o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45gSWle9FfA

No Events found!