Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 3rd, 2019 05:00

7440 AIO, monitor issues

This has happened twice now first last week following long weekend and today. Computer completely shut down on Friday, upon restart the monitor appears dead. Noticed after forcing a reboot holding the power button that I could faintly see the dell logo and my login bars. Able to login and use second monitor to access computer. Last week, used Dell support assistant to scan for issues and went to a meeting. Upon return, monitor was working fine on the AIO and assistant could not find any issues. Had to restart a couple times during the week and issue did not return until this morning when returned from work and computer was completely shut down.

2.5K Posts

June 6th, 2019 09:00

seem like pure LCD monitor inside problem or power to it.

the pc will need service, part to this AIO PC are not just handy at all.  Unlike real desktops

this PC is more  like laptop missing the huge battery, all custom. (as in non standard parts, more )

I'd boot it  to a LINUUX live CD/dvd or Stick, and run that all day see easy if problem is hardware or software, all in one test, 1/2 the causes solved. (binary diagnosis testing rules my game)

build a free ubuntu v17 sick and boot it the click try me,.,  easy as cake walk.

2.5K Posts

June 3rd, 2019 07:00

so Is intermittent

why not leave external monitor there,  and see if it fails in day used

and if does, Id say power issues , inside.

seem thermal too,  clean the fan of lint? and vents first.  make it breath and it can stay cool and not overheat.

run thermal tests yet

like hwinfo32.exe portable, (free) and safe and clean, run that, see if PC goes over 50c. (all devices)

CPU.GPU even HDD. can overheat.

on any PC I can boot my Linux USB stick in demo live mode. (unbuntu v17 free) try me. mode (clicked at boot)

and see if it fails long term, is yes , bingo bad hardware.

2 Posts

June 6th, 2019 05:00

Thank you for the suggestion. Yes it is intermittent, fails to engage if booting cold computer (i.e., has been completely shutdown overnight). It does not fail once on and running, so does not appear to be an overheating issue. Not problems if goes to sleep and is powered down for few hours.

6 Posts

September 26th, 2020 21:00

@lrispoli I am facing the same problem with my Dell Optiplex AIO 7440. Mine is a 3 year old system, just out of warranty
How did you exactly fix this issue?

Thanks

No Events found!